Succubus(34)

Declan's pov:

"Why does it have to be at the hospital? I hate the hospital!" He groaned as he clawed at his stomach, as I watched the boy with a slightly red face and a pained expression.

"Vance already requested there be no male doctors...and experienced in your field." I told him softly as I carried him into the office.

They swiftly got him situation in a hospital bed, three of the doctors who went to school with Vance that have had experience with his type, so there was no unfamiliarity.

The friendly nurse stepped into the hospital room as Milo's death gripped my hand, so tight I thought it might fall off.

"So are we doing this naturally or-"

"Cut this fucking thing out of me, I am not letting it fuck me up down there." He snapped as his breaths were heavy.

The nurse mumbled something to the other nurse who was prepping an epidural as it was in our birth plan no matter what.

They quickly registered the epidural, as he sat up, so they could inject the needle into his spine.

"You're doing so well baby..." I whispered running my thumb over his knuckle.

Shortly after they were rushing him down to another room, I was given a cover to put over my clothes Milo, had a sheet over his hips.

"How do you feel?" I whispered kneeling near his head.

"Okay..." he whispered lowly, as he lazily glanced over to me. I stood up, as I could see them beginning the incision.

He held my hand tightly, and after a few moments of watching his beautiful eyes, the doctor called out to me.
"Dad, would you like to watch, here comes the head..." Milo nodded to me faintly, I stood up to see them as they pulled the baby out, it all happened insanely fast, it almost appeared like the baby had a slight blue tinge, but it all happened so fast I couldn't tell.

Milo looked at me with beady eyes, his breaths became heavy.
"Where's my baby?" He whispered close to tears.

"They are just cleaning it off it's okay, they need to get all the fluid off..."

"Why wasn't it crying...?" He whimpered. I glanced up to the doctor, the room was completely silent, yet it buzzed with chaos...I stepped over to the small platform, the tiny human, had a slight blue tinge.
As the doctors ran their hands along its chest, tears brimmed my eyes, as they flipped it over doing the same. The baby wasn't breathing, there were no cries, no movements, and my heart was crushing, slowly and painfully.

"Declan! What's happening?!" He had another doctor finishing his stitches.

A nurse stepped over, the whole room was in a panic. "His heart rate is increasing..." she pushed past me to the monitors, as I rushed after her.

I shouldn't have left him, crashing to his side. "It's gonna be okay love, look at me...relax," I whispered pressing kisses to his knuckles, giving him a small bit of hope, while trying to convince myself. It had to be okay, the baby need to be okay.

Before pressing my lips to his. Suddenly a small gasp was heard, followed by loud cries, as the room became lighter, Milo's expression lit up, as tears slipped down his cheek, along with a breathless laugh of relief.

They continued to clean the baby off before calling me over.
"Alright dad..." I glanced over to Milo as he nodded, and with a smile, I stepped over.

"Holy shit," I exclaimed loudly, as the whole room went quiet as Milo furrowed his eyebrows.
I had been so focused on it breathing, I didn't even process... "it's a girl!" I breathed heavily, as I was handed the tiny angel.

As tears filled my eyes, as I looked down. "Fuck..." I whispered completely crying.

I stepped over to Milo, as the sheet was now removed. He was covered by a thin blanket.
I placed the baby girl on his chest, as he held his hand on her back softly. Looking up at me. "We have a baby girl..." he whispered as he started to cry, salty tears of joy, the way my stomach did flips watching the love of my life hold our bundle of joy. She had this blonde hair, and matching blue eyes as Milo, which I fell in love with immediately.

"Declan...I'm not pregnant anymore..." he laughed, softly, his eyes closed softly, in an exhausted manner, as he kissed the top of her head.

He was able to get skin-to-skin with his baby, before they bundled her up, while I held her, as Milo got moved to a recovery room.

Milo had fallen into a much-needed sleep, as I walked around, holding the small princess. The nurses stated, Milo should get as much sleep as possible for a quick recovery and that was exactly what was gonna happen.

As I sat down across from the sleeping Milo, I held the baby to my chest. I couldn't help myself as I pressed her ear forward slightly. To reveal my fear. As I mumbled. "Shit..." I whispered as Milo fluttered his eyes open.

"Is she okay?" He said in a panic.

"She has the tribal mark..." I whispered. "The same crescent moon..."

Milo furrowed his eyebrows. "Your tattoo?"

"It's not a tattoo I was born with it, it means she's part of the pack, she's been given a role," I mumbled, almost frustrated, I've tried so hard to erase my origin...they continue to come back. To find a way back. "They could come looking for her..."

"They aren't taking my baby." He spits harshly.

"I know...I won't let it happen..."

"Does that mean she's a wolf...?"

I shrugged "It means she's a part of the pack."

"Do you think she's- never mind..." Milo cut himself off, glancing down at his fingers which he fiddled in his lap.

"She could be a succubus," I answered his question, as Milo looked up at me nervously. "I hope not." He whispered before a nurse stepped in.

"How are we feeling?" She asked Milo before holding her hands out for the baby. "I'm just gonna do a glance over, make sure everything's working properly."

She pressed the stethoscope to the small babies chest, during a quick exam and handing the crying baby to Milo, along with a small bottle of formula, as obviously Milo couldn't produce for her.

"Do you think we could find out if she has...uhm proper inner genitalia? Or if she's like me?" He whispered softly, in a embarrassed manner.

"We could run a quick external ultrasound..." the nurse hummed with a smile.

"Yes please." I stepped in to ask.