Chapter 1

Hoarse coughs up blood, he opened his sky blue eyes staring up red sky like a blood. He look around corpses of body ashes littered ground.

'Is he dead, Kurama?' Naruto thought. "Yes, as you can see he is dead." A demon voice came in his head.

He chuckled as he offered at this statement as he heaved himself up into sitting position, ignoring the blood dripped on his right side wounds and join the crimson already staining battlefield.

'I doubt it. I can't believe how strong that bastard is. He really outdone it. I can practically feel our chakra was leaking away.'

The fox didn't reply, and under normal circumstances, the blonde turned dull blue eyes to the dead figure lying only a few feet away, a hole in his chest, limp in ugly rendition of ragdoll.

Naruto release a bitter scoff at this, too drain to even consider to cry for his fallen best friend. He hadn't cried since his godfather Jiraiya had died.

"Hey Kit,"

Naruto blink slowly, pulling his wayward thought back together as the Kyuubi soft voice.

'What?'

"What do you think you're doing?"

The blonde frown, dragging himself over to lean against the fallen rock. He doubted he could stand up.

"What does it look like? There's nothing left. Konoha's gone. Madara's gone. It almost in conceivable left to do. But to wait until I died."

A feeble snort battle at him somehow managing to convey same amount of annoyance the Kyuubi once did at full strength. "That a pathetic way to died, and I for one not going to just sit there and wait until death."

Naruto roll his eyes. 'Don't you think we have a choice do we, Kurama? Unless you want me to commit seppuku.'

A growl berated him. "Think you damn brat! Last time I check, you were a fuuinjutsu master. What were you working on last time after your master Jiraiya was killed?"

Naruto blinked, mind hectically retrieving his memory of complex seal he had started on. 'I have no paper, no ink.' He thought stupidity. 'And it takes extensive of amount of chakra. And it might not work.'

"You have blood, Kit. To write it down on the ground, and we still have enough of chakra to pull it off if we pour everything we have. We have nothing to lose anymore."

Focusing now on the seal he had come up with years ago seemed to lift the haze fogging his memory. Naruto held no doubt that it was mostly last time to forced himself to concentrate even his life continue to slip away. But his hand was steady as he draw the seal in his own blood. He originally had drawn it before Pain attack toad Sannin, but if he was going to travel back he might as well do it properly.

Naruto remained still, thinking how many years can he jump back. That may have significant date and he had played a large part in it. But there's no way he could jump so far to time he couldn't remember. The Uchiha massacre was also impossible. As much he wished to save his friend's clan. The best date to jump would be a four years before he had assigned to team 7. That way he had time to plans and think what he should do first after success of going back in time.

"Good choice," Kurama approved. "You will have very last drop of your chakra."

He nodded his head absently getting ready to finish his seal and drew out correct seal before he finish the seal. He drop his hand into his lap, study the seal with any mistake.

Naruto start to think about once he get back to the time, the place where he will be end up. The apartment? On the street of Konoha? He frowned. 'Am I gonna be nine years old again? I can't do anything like that,' he thought.