Chapter 21

Naruto was nervous and also anxious, right now he were walking with Natsuki to the Hokage tower. The whitehead Jounin decided that the things happened last night wasn't acceptable and so here they are, walking toward the Hokage office to report the civilian violation toward an innocent child.

When they arrive in front of his Jiji office and Natsuki knock his door, "Come in" they heard the permission and the whitehead opened the door and they walked inside.

After Natsuki close the door, Naruto already hiding himself behind Natsuki legs, totally nervous at what his Jiji would do when he knew about this.

When the Hokage looked up from his paperwork, he smile gently at the sight of Natsuki. "Ah, Natsuki-kun. Did you doing well?" greeted him nicely. Natsuki nodded back in greeting, "I have been doing well. Though, even I want to have a nice conversation with you. There is pressing matter that need to be discussed." said him coolly and glanced at the boy that hiding behind his leg.

Hiruzen follow his gaze and then eyes widened at the sight of the boy and the condition he was in. "Naruto-kun, what happen to you?" question him in fright and hurriedly approach the boy to inspected the bandage on the blonde boy.

Natsuki scoffed, "What happen? The villagers beaten him, that's what happen." snarked him coldly.

Hiruzen lifted his head and looked at the whitehead with wide eyes, "What?!" he exclaim and the boy in his arms flinch at the volume.

Natsuki heaved a sigh and explain everything that Shisui and Sasuke told him while Naruto keep himself quiet, too nervous to speak and too scared to meet his Jiji gaze.

By the time Natsuki finished telling everything that the old man should know, the Hokage digested this information and heaved a sighed, eyes were shadowed with guilt and devastation.

"I see. I will have a team of ANBU to investigate the people who are involved in assault. Meanwhile, Natsuki-kun." state Sarutobi neutrally. The whitehead gaze turned on him, giving his full attention. Hiruzen smiled apologetically, "Would it be okay for you to take Naruto in?"

Naruto has his eyes wide in shock and glance at Natsuki, eyes glint in hopefulness while Natsuki blinked at the old man, startled. "You mean, you want me to adopt him?" question the whitehead neutrally.

Sarutobi nodded curtly and Natsuki turned his gaze at the blonde boy standing in front of him intently. The whitehead stared at the blonde Uzumaki in consideration, he seemed to contemplate something for a moment before smiled warmly at him, "Sure, if Naruto would like me too."

Naruto beamed at him and nodded delightedly. Seeing that both party accepted the recommendation, Sarutobi smiled softly and nodded in satisfaction. "Good then. I will prepare the adoption paper and other necessities that need for you to sign. Naruto, I will inform Iruka that you won't be coming to the academy for a week, same with Sasuke for your adjustment after moving into a new place."

The blonde boy nodded abruptly and leave all the complicated work to the adults. He was to excited to live in the same house with Natsuki, he's now have precious people with him. Someone that cherish him, someone that cared for him. Naruto would surely try his best to protect the people that he cared about.

After all the necessary paperwork that need to be signed, Naruto was officially being adopted by Natsuki. When after all of that done, Sarutobi glance at the blonde with a kind smile. "Congratulation for the adoption, Naruto-kun." remarked the Hokage ruefully.

Naruto beamed happily and run to the old Hokage, giving him a warm hug before jumped on Natsuki and embrace the whitehead in gratitude and compassion.

The three-tone haired time travel chuckled good-naturally at the hyperactive blonde of his young counterpart and ruffled his wild blonde hair gently in tenderness. "Let's get along, nee! Naruto-kun!"