CH 1

Bose's POV

I woke up and looked at the clock to see it's 12:36 AM, then see Chapa asleep on my chest with the oxygen mask on her face feeling so bad this happened to Chapa and she doesn't deserves it at all but it evens breaks my heart to see her like this.

Chapa: Bosey?

I look down at her now awake.

Bose: Did I wake you up?

Chapa: Not at all... I'm just hungry.

She barely ate dinner, so we both get up and stretch for a little while. Then Chapa changes her oxygen mask to the cord so she can get it through her nose instead.

We walked out of the bedroom and tried to find our way to the kitchen, but when we found it, Ray was there.

Ray: Hey, guys. Aren't you two supposed to be in bed?

Bose: Yeah, but Chapa is hungry.

Ray: Lucky for you. I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Want one?

Chapa: Sure.

Ray cuts his sandwich in half and gives one to her, then she splits it so I can have some, and we all eat together.

Bose: Are there any traces of... You know who.

I didn't want to say his name cause it scares Chapa that Smith is hiding somewhere in Swellview, planning to do something horrible.

Ray: Nope. But Schwoz is still working on it.

Then I felt Chapa hugging my arms, looking pretty tired.

Chapa: Can we go back to bed?

Bose: Of course. See you in a few hours, Ray.

Ray: See ya.

Before we left Ray & Chapa hug, and it's so cute that I took a quick photo of them as I shared it with Mika & Miles.

Chapa's POV

I hug dad, and he hugs back as it feels so nice to have a parent hug me back and mean it besides my mother, which I miss her hugs every single day but hugging Ray hits different.

Dad: I love you, Chaps.

Chapa: I love you too, Daddy.

He kisses my forehead as Bose & I leave the kitchen and back to the bedroom as I'm feeling happy, like never before, so I put the mask back on and cuddled with Bose.

Chapa: You took a picture of me & dad hugged. Didn't you?

Bose: Uuuhhh.... Maybe.

I rolled my eyes and got comfortable.

Bose: Good night, Sparky.

Chapa: Good night, Idiot.

We shared a kiss, and he drifted off to sleep, but I stayed up feeling my anxiety rise a bit because of the thought that he might know where the man's nest is.

The thought of him finding the man's nest kept me awake until 3:46 AM, and that's when I slowly drifted off to sleep.