CH 14

Ray's POV

After an hour of getting the radioactive butterfly out of here, I am now waiting for Chapa to come home, but I haven't gotten a text or call from her at all and I'm starting to get a bit worried about her and think I might have to go get her from the school.

Then I heard the tube go off, and Chapa came up, but she had her hood down so I could barely see her face, and when I stopped her, I pulled down the hood.

Ray: What happened to you?

Her lower lip is bruised, scratches almost everywhere, her left eye is black, and tears stain on her cheeks.

Chapa: ...

Ray: Tell me what happened, or you're not going back.

Chapa: I... I..

She looks so scared, like she's gonna have a panic attack, which I haven't seen her have in a few months, so I hugged her tight enough for her to feel safe then I heard quite soft cries.

Ray: Let it all out, dear. I'm here with you.

I pick her up and sit on the couch and put Chapa on my lap as she continues crying but I'm gonna find out who did this to her even if I have to hunt them down like a wild animal looking for food.

Ray: Do you want to talk about it?

Chapa: Not really.

Ray: That's fine. Will talk later. Ok?

She nodded her head, and Chapa stayed in my arms for a little while longer till she got up and walks towards her room as I heard the door shut I can't help but think about what happened to Chapa.

Schwoz: AIIII! I've got something to tell you.

He came out of nowhere.

Ray: Goddammit Schwoz, you almost gave me a heart attack!

Schwoz: Sorry, boss. But I got big news and it's about... Him.

Bose's POV

I finished my homework, and mom came in with a bowl & spoon for me.

Mom: Did you finish. Honey? I brought you some mac & cheese

Bose: I'm finally done, and thanks.

I grabbed the bowl from her, and she left my room as I pulled out my phone to watch YouTube videos. While I'm eating dinner then I got a text from Miles.

Miles: Did you finish your homework?

Bose: I did, and I also don't like it.

Miles: You should be thankful that the teacher gave you an easy one since he saw you're struggling.

Bose: Still, I hate it.

Miles: Whatever. See you tomorrow.

Bose: Night night.

I turned YouTube back on and continued watching for 20 minutes till I got tired and went downstairs to wash and put my bolw in the dishwasher with the other dirty dishes and run it.

I went back upstairs to my room and put on my pj's and went to bed, closing my eyes to fall asleep.