CH 13

Mika's POV

School is out for the day, and I'm surprised that Ray didn't pull us out to go fight crime, but I'm pretty sure he handled it by himself like the big man he kinda is.

I'm outside of the school waiting for the others to come out so we can all go to the Man's Nest together. Then 4 minutes went by, and I got a text from Chapa.

Chapa: I'm gonna stay at school for a while cause my gym teacher told me to meet him after.

Mika: Should I stay and wait for you or tell Bose to wait for you?

Chapa: Neither. I'll be fine.

Then the boys came out and sat down at the table with me.

Bose: Where's Chapa?

Mika: Her gym teacher wants her to stay for a bit longer.

Miles: Why?

Mika: Beats me. Let go see how Ray's doing.

We got up and made our way to SWAG, but when Bose opened the door, Ray and Schwoz were looking around the room for something.

Ray: Get in here and close the door!

He said it so fast that we did what he told us, and Schwoz singled us to get down, but Bose didn't.

Miles: What the hell is going on?

Schwoz: There's a radioactive butterfly in this room.

Without saying another word, Miles probably teleported back home in his room cause he's scared of them.

Bose: I think it's on my head.

Schwoz: Don't move. I got this.

He slowly walks towards Bose with a little lunch box that's open and ready to catch it, but it flies away before Schwoz could do anything else.

Ray: Dang it, Schwoz! Be faster next time!

Schwoz: I'm sorry! I panicked!

Chapa's POV

I went back to the locker room and saw the emo girl alone, probably waiting for me, and she looked at me with a smirk on her face.

Girl: You made it.

Chapa: I guess I was curious.

Then she walked towards me and sits on the bench, so I put my bag down as I sat down next to her, but before I could speak, she did.

Liz: My name is Liz, by the way.

Chapa: I... I'm Chapa.

Liz: Why do you sound scared?

I lower my head and play with my fingers when I see a pair of different hands holding mine, and I look up at her concerned green eyes.

Liz: It's okay. You can tell me.

I told her everything about my abusive father, and she listened as I talked through the tears that I didn't know I had. Then she hugged me as I cried on her shoulder.

An hour went by, and Ray is probably worried about me by now.

When I pulled away from the hug, I got up and was about to leave when Liz quickly grabbed my arm to turn me around, so I was facing her, then she made me drop my bag and I was pinned to the wall with both my hands above my head.

Chapa: What are you doing?