CH 18

Mika's POV

We've been at it for hours, and it's getting late, so Ray told us to go home as we transform back into our normal clothes he promised he'll call us when Schwoz finds her location and Miles teleports us to my room.

Bose sits on the hanging chair, and Miles sits next to the window while I sit on my bed.

It's completely silent, and none of us have anything to say at all until the door opens, and mom comes in.

Mom: Hey, kiddos. Why do ya'll look so sad?

I gave the boys a look if we should tell her, and they nodded.

Mika: You know our friend Chapa?

Mom: Yes. What about her?

Miles: She's been kidnapped by her abusive father.

She gasped in fear.

Mom: OMG! That's terrible. But you know what?

The three of us looked at her, then she sat down on the bed.

Mom: Chapa is the strongest girl I've ever met, and I know that she will fight back because she never gives up that easily. But Smith wasn't that bad at all.

Bose: How do you know?

Mom: Because I was friends with him.

Our mother told us stories that Smith was once a nice guy and wouldn't hurt a butterfly, but he fell in love with a girl in high school who became his future wife then had Chapa and became a wonderful family man.

Mom: However... When she died in that horrible car accident. Something snapped in him and did horrible things, especially to Chapa.

It was quiet, and we knew she was right then got up, and before she left, the room.

Mom: I'm sure that Danger Force will find her. Besides, Chapa escaped from that awful man many times, I bet she can do it again.

When mom left the room, our hope for Chapa came in like a bus, and I locked the door as we sat down on the floor thinking of a plane to save her.

Schwoz's POV

It's almost midnight, and I have searched the last place Smith was at before coming here, but I still don't understand how he got in without triggering the alarms.

Then I found something that Ray and the children need to see so I send the kids an alert to get over here now and I quickly ran into Ray's room and jumped on his bed to wake him up.

Ray: Wha- what is it, Schwoz!

Schwoz: I found something you may or may not like.

He eyes went wide, and I heard the kids in the other room.