CH 11

Chapa's POV

I sat up fast, waking up from another nightmare, but this time, I'm all alone cause Bose's mom wanted him home for the night, and I couldn't go back to sleep at all cause I'm now stressed out from a stupid nightmare.

When I looked at the clock, it's 2 AM, so I thought that maybe taking a shower would help me relax, and hopefully get more sleep before the sun comes up so I went to the bathroom.

As the warm water hits my body, I feel a bit better, and I'm slowly relaxing while trying to forget everything about the past.

Chapa: The past is behind you. Don't let it get in the way of your future.

I repeated those words to myself over & over again, then after 10 minutes, it felt like I didn't have a past, but deep down, I know it.

When I turned off the water and walked out of the shower, I dried off and put my pj's on again as I walked out of the bathroom it's now 2:23 AM so I sat down on my bed and grabbed my phone from the night stand as soon as I turned it on my heart stop for what felt like hours.

4 missed from Father

I unlocked my phone and didn't dare to open anything, even my messages, then I got a call from a number I didn't recognize, and I don't know what to do at this point but I decided to let it go to voice mail and once it did I checked then heard a familiar voice that my body was shaking, shivers run down my spine and I didn't move at all.

Voice-mail: Hello honey, it's your old man. Come to the alleyway alone tomorrow night, or your friends will...

I threw my phone across the room before he could finish, probably broke it, and I just realized that we're going to the normal school in the morning, but for the rest of the night, I didn't sleep at all.

Mika's POV

The boys & I are at the front of our new school waiting for Chapa.

Miles: School is gonna start soon.

Bose: I hope she's gonna make it.

Then Chapa runs towards us and stops to catch her breath as Bose holds her in his arms and rests her head on his shoulder.

Mika: There you are. Are you okay?

Chapa: I'm fine... I'm just tired.

Miles: Let's go in then.

We went inside and got our schedules, and heard the first bell probably warning other kids to get to class.

Bose: You gonna be alright, Chaps?

She yawned before answering him.

Chapa: I'll be fine. See ya later.

Mika: See you guys at lunch.

Miles: See ya.

As we went our different ways, I'm kinda hoping that we'll see each other during lunch hour.