♥︎35~ Happiness ♥︎

"I really love your daughter sir

"I really love your daughter sir." Yuvaan said, looking straight into his father-in-law's eyes.

Ahmed knitted his brows at him
"I'm promising you she will be happy with me from now onwards. She will be my first priority in everything. But please don't think of separating us. Yeh Yuvaan uske Maheen ke bina kuch nhi hai (this Yuvaan is nothing without his Maheen). Sayad meri pehli mohabbat vo nhi hai per yeh wadah karta hu, meri akhri mohabbat wahi hoga (may be she is not my first love, but i can assure you she will be my last love.)"

"If you don't want to let her go with me. Take your time, give me punishment but do not think of getting her to marry off to someone else. I'll not tolerate any kind of this things"

His voice get harder at the end.

Ahmed was looking at the man standing in front of him keenly. He is none other than his one and only son-in-law.

"Chahe to aap use umr bhar apke pas rakh lijiye. Main uff tak nahi karunga per uske naam ke sath sath Yuvaan ke ilava koi aur naam jodne ki kousis kabhi mat kijiye" (If you want she can live here for years. I'll not even utter a word against you. But don't even think of changing the name from Yuvaan to someone else after her.)

"Beta ... you go upside, she must be waiting for you." Rubina thought to interrupt, fearing this conversation may lead to any kind of quarrel at the end.

Yuvaan looked at his mother-in-law, who was smiling at him.

Nodding he was ready to go upstairs but last time glanced at Ahmed.

After Yuvaan left for Maheen's room
Rubina turned Ahmed towards her

"What ? Why are you looking at me like I've done something wrong ?" Shrugging mr. Ahmed Khan sat on the couch in a relaxing manner.

"Are you for real Ahmed ?? How could you do this? Without her consent you were going to fix her marriage with some unknown?? For god sake Ahmed she is your daughter"
Rubina was losing her patience in every moment remembering what the fellow doctor said.

"Yes Rubina she is my daughter and I know what is best for her"

"And the best is none other than Yuvaan. None can make her smile the way he does. None can take care of her just like he does. Do you understand? He loves your daughter beyond everything. Can't you see the pain in his eyes when Maheen was begging to you?"

Ahmed hugged his wife to calm down her anger and it worked.
She stopped shivering and hugged him back.

"I know Rubi. I know everything. I didn't fix her marriage with anyone else. I was just testing Yuvaan and Maheen's love."

Rubina raised her face to look at her husband and found he was smiling.

"What?"

"Yes Mehrma yes. I know how much they love each other. I know how much Yuvaan cares for her. I also know how much my daughter is safe with him. It was just that being a father I just wanted to confirm everything. Trust me, Meherma , I'm not against their love. The marriage and all it was all an instant plan. I asked Dharmesh to act like that so that Maheen can say everything to us. Apko to pta hi hai na, Maheen uske andar ka dard kabhi kisi ko samajh me nahi deti hai. (You know na Rubina, Maheen never showed her pain to anyone) I just wanted to clear her mind with those burdens of words."