Vacation Arc: Chapter 3: Shinobi Network

Warning: The following chapter contains mention of real world events that may be distressing to some readers. It is by no means the authors intentions to offend anyone reading. Please keep this in mind as you read.

We split up, Kastu-nee and I began our walk to central park, the entire way I kept think about Izuku, I wanted to tell him so bad, but I just couldn't with the others around. "So, Asuka," Katsu-nee spoke, "You wanna tell me what special training you and Izuku have been doing alone together?" She asked. "I've already told you that I can't tell you about it, and it's not my place to reveal the reason anyway." "Ah, so it's an Izuku secret, okay then, how about why you seemed so down this morning?" She asked, seeing right through me. "W...What are you talking about?" I questioned her. "Hibari told me that you two had snuck away to eat breakfast before the rest of us, Izuku doesn't like to eat alone but he would have woken all of us up if it was his idea, so it had to have been yours."

I let out a sigh, she was right, "Yes, it was my idea, I just..." I paused trying to find the right words, "I just wanted some time alone with him, time that wasn't for training." I answered her. Katsu-nee thought on it for a moment before getting a sly grin, "You like him don't you!" She called me out. "W...Well, of course I like him, who wouldn't he's a great person and he's helped us so much, he's a great friend." "Don't you play dumb with me, we may be in another country, but I'll still grope the answers out of you." She threatened, I covered my chest in fear. "You wouldn't!" "I would, and you have three seconds to tell me." She started counting down, getting closer and closer with each count. "ZERO!" "OKAY I LIKE HIM, I HAVE A CRUSH ON IZUKU!" I screamed, thankful no one around could understand me but Katsu-nee.

She stopped and smiled before hugging me, "Was that so hard?" She asked. "So, when did you start feeling that way for him?" She asked. "Will you promise not to tell anyone?" I asked her. "I promise Asuka, your secret is safe with me, but just know that I'll start pushing you to tell him." She promised. I giggled, "Alright, I'll try to tell him again soon." "Good, now when did it start?" I thought back for a moment, and the first instance that came to mind was on the roof of the school before our final battle with Hebijo. "Do you remember when you found the two of us holding each other on the roof of the school, I think that was when these feelings began."

"What did happen up there?" She asked. "I was having doubts about our battle against Hebijo, about having to fight Homura, they were just regular girls like us, they got scared of that Dabi guy just like we did, and Kiriya-sensei had even given me the Yin scroll that Hanzo academy had, there was so much pressure on me but, Izuku assured me that he would be there for me, that I could lean on him, that no matter what, he would bear the weight with me. It made me so happy, my heart started beating so much faster being there with him, and that feeling has done nothing but grow since then."

Katsu-nee smiled genuinely and pulled me close, "You really should tell him, I don't know how he feels about you but, I know he would never want to hurt you, even if you confess, I know if he doesn't return them, he will at least let you down softly but, you better be quick about it. Sometimes I hear Yagyu talk about him quite a bit, I think she may feel the same for him, especially after what happened at the beach, his heroic moment of being ready to throw away his life to save her definitely touched her heart." She informed me, "But what about Hibari? I thought Yagyu had feelings for her?" I asked. "Maybe she wants a little harem with Izuku and Hibari at her sides." She joked, hopefully.

We turned the corner of the street and witnessed a crime taking place, a bank had been held up and the crooks were making off with the money on foot. "We need to stop them!" I told Katsu-nee. "Alright but we can't use our weapons right now, those aren't shinobi." She reminded me and we took off after them. The two of us were a lot faster thanks to our shinobi training and we stopped them engaging in a fight. They yelled and one of them opened fire on us. We managed to dodge them and closed in but one of them broke off and grabbed a kid holding the gun to his head.