Vacation Arc: Chapter 7: Seeing Double

As Izuku and Ikaruga waged their battle against Kazakiri, Yagyu and Hibari, in the dark forests off the island that was New York city, struggled against their foes that fought in perfect unison, twin assassins Tryst and Myst, they had long dark red hair, and they both wore matching black and red body suits. The only appearance difference between them was their beauty marks, Tryst having one on her left cheek and Myst having hers on the opposite cheek. Tryst fought using a sword and Myst used a shield, together they were an ultimate duo, trained to always fight together, they never got more than a few feet apart in battle, and that remained true as they fought Yagyu and Hibari.

Yagyu was the only one still going, using her summoning squid to attack, throwing her umbrella to slash, firing ink at her foes, but it all seemed to be in vain, and it was difficult for her to fight opponents like them alone, but Hibari was in shock and terrified because of what had happened. Ninto, her summon that always helped her in combat, was lying in pieces on the ground with its stuffing splayed everywhere. "Come on," "Just fall already." The twins taunted Yagyu, "Is that girl truly worth protecting?" They questioned her. "Both of you shut up!" She screamed, charging forth. Myst blocked the attack and kicked her in the jaw before twirling around to reveal Tryst who slashed Yagyu across the chest, making her scream out in pain.

She didn't fall, she refused to leave Hibari alone, she was her knight, she would never fall if Hibari needed her protection. No matter how much pain she had to endure, she would always be there for her. Hibari witnessed the blood that dripped from Yagyu's wound, "Yagyu stop, we need to run!" She screamed. "Can you two really get away though?" Myst questioned her. "You probably could, but what about her, can she even run fast enough?" Tryst taunted. She was correct though, even though she continued to fight, Yagyu couldn't take much more, but her own will wouldn't let her stop. "Hibari just run, I won't let them get past me!" She yelled, she recalled the moment when Izuku tried to sacrifice himself to save her, and now she understood that feeling. Izuku was ready to die to save me, so I'm ready to die to save Hibari!

Yagyu continued to charge at the twins over and over, no matter how much pain she received she was determined to bring them down. Hibari could only watch in horror, What do I do? I'm not strong enough to help her, I didn't want to become a shinobi, but everyone was always encouraging me to my best ever since I got these eyes. Even now, people still cheer me on to do my best when I can't even fight properly. Because of that, everyone is always having to protect me, I couldn't defeat Haruka until Izuku arrived, I was scared and crying like a child at the beach, I was stupid and couldn't reach Katsuki at Hebijo castle for Izuku, I barely stood a chance against Haruka, I couldn't even defend myself against Kazakiri, and now I've let my weakness destroy Ninto and now it's going to kill Yagyu, I want to be stronger so I can be the one protecting the people I love but no matter what I do I just can't get stronger, I can't even control my lightning without some else's help.

As she cried on the battlefield, she could feel the presence of another. She opened her eyes and saw someone before her, the girl bore a striking resemblance to her, short pink hair, a round face, and the pink petal eyes of a Kagan wielder. Hibari had never seen her before, but she felt familiar to her. "You can be that stronger person." She spoke to her. "Who are you?" She asked. "My name is Sekirei, Hibari, please get up, you have strength just like your friends, but your afraid to use it, don't make the mistakes I did 900 years ago, I lost my best friend when she lost control of her power and I had to seal her away, but you don't have to face that same loss, please get up, protect your friends, show them who you can become." Sekirei pleaded. "But, I'm not strong enough, my fighting style isn't enough to handle them." "Then imagine yourself as someone you admire, it helped me plenty, who is someone strong that you admire?" She asked her. Hibari thought about it, she loved Yagyu more than anything, but when it came to someone she admired, someone she saw as the personification of strength, protection, and as a guardian, there was only one person she could think of.

Her eyes opened again, and she was back in the real world, Yagyu was taking blow after blow, Hibari stood up and ran at her top speed towards Yagyu, she grabbed her by her cape and pulled her behind her. Hibari, who always fought like a child throwing a fit, unleashed a straight punch hitting Tryst square in the jaw. The person that I admire, the person that I can imagine myself as, is Izuku!

Myst tried to step in but was soon grabbed by Hibari, her mind finally clear, and was thrown behind her. She turned back to Tryst and unleashed one punch after the other, dealing damage after damage and even mixing small amounts of her lightning into each attack. Myst stood from being thrown and tried to reach her sister when Yagyu jumped onto her back and swatted her with her umbrella. She managed to turn over and push Yagyu off with her shield. Hibari noticed and backed away from Tryst. Her and Yagyu's backs collided with each other, the two slid past each other and turned to the other twin they weren't facing before, without hesitation they charged forth at their new opponents, Hibari who had taken little damage went straight for the unharmed Myst while Yagyu went after Tryst who was trying to stand back up.

"From now on, I'm not going to run away, I'm going to protect the people I love, no matter what, I'll save everyone with my own two hands, and I'll be just like him!" Hibari proclaimed as she leaped at Myst and delivered a swift kick before dropping down and sweeping out her legs and landing a hard punch that knocked Myst into a tree. Her back slammed against it and barely dropped down in time to dodge a punch from Hibari that let off pink sparks of lightning. Hibari thought quick and went for another hit, Myst dodged again, breathing heavy she was now on the defensive trying to retreat and reunite with her sister.

Her sister, who Yagyu was fighting, no longer had the upper hand as she was dealt attack after attack from Yagyu, Yagyu hit her with slashes with the hidden blades of her umbrella and blunt attacks with it closed. Tryst could barely keep up with the bombardment, they didn't know how to fight solo, that was their biggest weakness, while Yagyu and Hibari were not aware of it, they did notice the moment they gained the upper hand and took full advantage of it. Yagyu reached her hand to her face and yanked off her eyepatch revealing her Devil's eye.

Hibari continued fighting Myst until she managed to knock her down and get behind her reeling her fist back and imbuing it with as much of her own lightning as possible. She unleashed her fist on Myst as blood red tentacles emerged from Yagyu's eye and drilled straight through Tryst. Both women let out screams of anguish as one felt their body be assaulted by lightning and the other felt their abdomen being destroyed by spear-like tendrils.

Their screams died out, Tryst laid dead in a puddle of her own blood and Myst's internal systems stopped working and she drew her last breath. In this battle of duos, the victors were Hibari and Yagyu. Yagyu finally let herself breath and dropped to the ground holding her slashed chest. Hibari wasted no time in running over to her and hugging her close. "Yagyu!" She yelled as she began to cry again. "Hibari, where did all that strength come from?" She asked. "I think I always had it, I just fought by pretending I was Izuku, who never shows his fear." Yagyu was shocked but, relieved, in a way, Izuku had saved her yet again. "Thank you Hibari." She spoke, returning the hug to her. "Yagyu, I don't want you to protect me like that again, it's fine if I get really hurt and can't fight anymore, but if I'm just sitting there crying its not fair to you, from now on, you won't be protecting me, and I won't be protecting you." She told her. Yagyu's eyes grew wide, thinking that Hibari was going to abandon her before being pulled into another warm hug, "From now on, we'll be protecting each other." Hibari finished, Yagyu relaxed and let her tears flow as she hugged Hibari, "Okay, lets do it then, protecting each other."