Shinovi Versus Arc: Chapter 27: Memories Returned

Izuku sat in silence with Miyabi and Imu as he waited for them to awaken. The officials for the tournament had been informed that neither of the two were in critical condition. The other members of Hebijo, along with their teacher Suzune, were sitting with them as well. "You know, you don't have to sit here with them." Suzune informed Izuku. "I know, but I want to make sure they're gonna be okay." Just as he spoke those words, Miyabi's eyes opened, and she sat up, still holding her head. "Miyabi." Izuku spoke relieved and walked over to her. Suzune asked her "How do you feel?" Miyabi turned to her, "I'm in a lot of pain but, my memories are finally back Sensei." She answered her. Suzune gave a small smile, "I'm glad to hear that, so that means that you remember what happened on that day then?" She asked. Miyabi nodded.

Suzune grabbed Ryobi and Ryona and put them before her, "Then explain to them, they have a right to know." Miyabi began but, she thought back on everything, everything that led up to her actions on that day.

~~~~~~~~~

I was only a child when it happened. Imu and I were best friends then, and we still are now. She would come over to my house, and we would play Shinobi constantly, I dreamed of being a Shinobi more than anything and Imu was set on that path as well, we both came from families that were well known, mine for the skilled shinobi it produced, and hers for their unique bloodline ability. One day, Imu and I made the decision to play shinobi for real. We stole some of my father's weapons and made our way into the forest. We were deep inside the forest when we started, Imu and I fought for a while with the weapons, until a gave her a small cut on her arm. The blood spilled and that small amount was enough to attract a Yoma that had been in the forest that night.

It looked like a decaying lion, but it was at least three times bigger than a normal one. It roared and I froze up. I was terrified, I had no idea of what this monster was, but I knew it was going to kill me. "Miyabi!" Imu screamed as the monster lunged at me. But in that moment, someone else appeared just in time. "Miyabi!" My mother screamed as she got in-between me and the Yoma, she didn't have her weapon, she brought her arms up to fight it, but it was useless. It swung it's brutal arms around and swatted her away before lunging at her and crushing her head right before me.

I couldn't take my eyes away from that bloody sight, as the memory became burned into my mind. There she was, my own mother, who I loved more than anything, who loved me so much, who would give her life to defend me, had done just that, and was murdered in the most brutal way possible, right before the child she loved. I was so focused on the sight of my mother, that I didn't even realize that my father had arrived just a few seconds too late to kill the Yoma, and save Imu and I. He made sure we were safe, and picked up my mother's body, and led Imu and I back to the house. Imu went home and I followed my father, as he set my mother down and draped a sheet over her, blood stained the sheet quickly. "Stay here Miyabi." He ordered me and walked away.

I kept staring at her body, I hadn't shed a single tear yet, not until something caught my eye. Sitting on the table on the far wall of the room, was a bowl of Oyakodon, she always made Oyakodon for me, it was my favorite food, I stepped in front of it. It had gone cold, and it was the sight of that bowl that finally made reality seep in, and I started bawling. My mother was gone forever, and I will never see her again. That same night, higher ranking Shinobi came to our house, and explained to me what I saw, they told me the truth of the world of shinobi and the battle against the Yoma. It wouldn't be until a few days later that I would see Imu again, and we made our promise that day. In retribution for my mother, even if I had to do it alone, we would exterminate every last Yoma, sparing not a single one, no matter what, only then would I finally be allowed to stop fighting, only then would I ever be able to face her again.