Burst Arc: Chapter 4: Past, Present, and Future

A/n: So I want to apologize for how long it took to get this pitiful chapter out, I started a new job about a week after the previous chapter came out and it's a lot more difficult than my old one, it leaves me absolutely drained every night, it makes it a bit hard to work on this story, and it hurts me when I see more and more people adding this story to their reading lists or giving it votes or even asking when a new chapter will come out. I'm very sorry for making you all wait three months for this chapter and I'm going to try and get more chapters out in a more timely manner from now on, hopefully as thanks for you guys continuing to show that you are enjoying my story. With that, I hope you all will continue to read this story, and please enjoy Mirai's induction.

Yet another day of testing the new students came through. Once again, they were nothing but failures not cut out for the elite team. "When the hell are one of you gonna put up a real fight?" I demanded as I looked at the numerous students that were worn out from my trial. "Katsuki," Yomi called to me, "Maybe you shouldn't be too harsh on them." She suggested. "If they can't handle a real elite that's holding back, then how the hell will they handle someone coming for their throats bean sprout?" I questioned her. "Wait, you are holding back?" Haruka questioned. "Are you trying to start a fight Sadist? I'll wreak your shit!" I threatened her as she smiled and laughed like always. I've gotten used to it over the years.

"Now who's next?" I demanded. "That'll be me!" I heard a small voice call out. Before me was a child wearing a gothic dress. She had long black hair and was holding an umbrella. "I'll be the one fighting you now ashy bomb!" She spoke trying to taunt me. "Okay, who's uncreative child is this?" I asked to the vicinity. "I'm not a kid, I'm a new student and I'm fifteen, now fight me!" She yelled. "Ha, Alright that's kinda funny, Bean Sprout is this some kid from the slums?" I questioned Yomi. She shook her head. Before she could say anything the girl suddenly yelled, "I'M NOT A KID, I DIDN'T COME FROM THE SLUMS, AND I'M HERE TO BECOME A SHINOBI YOU LOUSY ASH BLONDE ASS!" Well then. "Alright kid, you really want to go, then let's see what you got." I told her as I readied myself.

In a flash I charged at her, she pointed her umbrella forward, and live ammo fired out from it. She has a gun? I thought and continued by weaving around in the air mixing up where I let off explosions. The closer I got the harder it became to dodge her attack. I couldn't maneuver from one of her shot and dove to the ground to get away from it. "Now I've got you!" She yelled. From under her dress, a massive rifle had appeared. "Dodge this blondie!" She yelled and a shot rang out. I couldn't get away but I was able to direct it to my left shoulder to try and minimize damage.

"You're pretty good kid, but I ain't about to lose to some shrimp, check this out!" I yelled to her and launched myself high in the air. The rifle turned into a minigun and fired off rapid shots. Just keep going Katsuki. I said to myself and let off explosions spinning myself in the air funneling oxygen into a tight window. "Try my new move shrimp!" I yelled as I got closer and closer until I was at point-blank range. "Howitzer Impact!" I yelled as a massive explosion was let off from my hand destroying both the ground and the nearby parts of Hebijo.

The dust cleared away and the child was gone. Shit did I kill her? I wondered looking around. From the side, I heard incredibly heavy breathing. It was the girl, "ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY, I COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED YOU ASH BLONDE ASS!" She screamed. I don't know why but, I started laughing at that. "Hahaha, holy shit you actually had me scared for a minute." I told her turning to Suzune, "Hey teach, I like this one, give her the Elite exam, I think she'll be fine here." I told her. "Very well, tomorrow she will take the Elite exam, you better be right Katsuki." She replied. With that, I decided to split off from them. I was honestly hurting a lot from my attack and the bullets I took trying to pull it off. I'll patch myself up.

I had myself in a separate part of the Shinobi room so I could patch myself up without anyone bothering me. Damn, that shrimp did more damage to me than I thought she did, I should tell Shizune I'll be down for a while. I thought to myself as I was suddenly interrupted. "Hey Katsuki!" Yomi barged in. "What do you want bean sprout?" I questioned her. She noticed the bandages on my arms and looked concerned, "A...Are you okay?" She asked. "I'm fine, what did you want?" I asked her again. "Well, I was going to head for the shopping district but, everyone else is busy and I wanted to go with someone." "The sadist?" "She's working on a new drug." "The Shrimp?" "She's being signed up still." "Crab Claws?" "She's training right now." "Blank Face?" "She's training with Homura."

Despite everything, I ended up going with her. I thought it would be a store and not the Asakusa shopping district. The reason she was coming was to buy the damn bean sprouts she always eats, except, "They went up by ten zenni?" She questioned. "Why are you shocked by that?" I asked her. "Because it doesn't make sense why they went up Katsuki, 20 zenni was a perfect price for them, it'll make it harder for people in the lower class to be able to purchase them." She stated. With a roll of my eyes, I told her, "You are literally the only person I see eat those things." I told her and paid the new price for her. "Just deal with it, if you need money I can spot you the extra bit."

We kept walking, continuing to go back and forth about the price of bean sprouts when I heard a voice that I never wanted to hear again. "Kacchan!" I froze in my tracks and turned around to see it was him. The messy green hair and pure green eyes. That look of helplessness that can just piss you off. "Deku." I muttered under my breath. "Hm, Katsuki do you know him?" Yomi asked. He took a step forward, I grabbed Yomi's hand and bolted. Why the hell am I running from that bastard!? I questioned myself. "Katsuki, what's going on?" She asked confused. "Just shut up and run Yomi!" I demanded of her as the two of us kept running through the district.

I looked back and saw that he was gaining on us quickly by jumping off of walls. Shit! I thought. I grabbed the lid off a nearby garbage can and swatted him away like a fly. The two of us ended up in a dead-end alley. "Damnit," I scoffed think of a new solution, "Yomi, get closer to me." I demanded of her and she wrapped her arms around me. I summoned my weapon and blasted the ground making me and her fly off in a random direction. I didn't care where it went, just so long as we're away from that bastard Deku.

We landed in a field far from the district, Yomi was taking a minute to compose herself after the sudden blast-off and almost crash landing. "Okay, Katsuki, what was that, who was that boy, and why did you seem scared of him?" She asked. "Excuse me?" I questioned her at the word scared. "No scared doesn't work, maybe distressed, upset, unsettled, no, irked, you were Irked by him!" She announced. I let out a sigh and sat in the grass, "You're not incorrect about being irked by him, that's for sure." I answered her. "If you want to know Yomi then sit down, you wanted to know about how I came to Hebijo, now will be that time." I told her as she sat down in front of me. "It all started when I was in middle school, about two years ago."