Burst Arc: Chapter 12: Kacchan vs Deku

I stood alone atop Hebijo castle, waiting, we all knew that the Hanzo squad would be coming, we had to be ready. Homura came up with a plan to separate the six of them and fight them individually, they get stronger if they fight together, but I don't think that will matter, Deku never teamed up to fight me before, he's able to match me in strength, most likely because that shinobi in black trained him. "Katsuki." Yomi called out to me. "It's almost time, someone just entered the barrier." I gave a nod and left to get in position. I'm ready for you this time Deku.

After a short wait, I heard his voice, "Kacchan!" He yelled out, "Deku." I replied to him. Without another word we charged at each other going blow for blow, with explosions and lightning going everywhere. I tried to hit him with a blast but he deflected my arm, with a spin he got above me and lashed out his leg to kick me. I barely dodged it and let off an explosion that blasted him away from me but the back draft made me fall backwards. Crap I put too much behind, before I could finish my thought Deku was already charging back at me. "Is that all you've got!" He yelled. Why does he try this hard, he left me behind, I would understand him being mad at me for a while after we encountered that monster but, he was never someone to hold a grudge, so why? Thoughts ran through my head. I set off a chain explosion on the ground forcing him into the air and I jumped after him.

"Why are you suddenly so obsessed with me?" I demanded from him. "When that dumb rabbit was here, all she tried to do was talk to me about you, telling me that you were so torn up over me, you're the one that left me alone!" I screamed at him and socked him in the jaw making us both fall back to the ground. "You met that damn Shinobi and suddenly you had better things to do, you were the only one to come with me that day, you were the one that stuck by me and why, when you clearly had better things to do?" I continued to berate him for his actions, I wanted the truth from him but I was too damn angry, and I could feel that bastards power trying to surface. "That's not true! You think I wanted this? You think I wanted to be here right now, fighting against my best friend, with scars all over my arms, at the grounds of a castle, with the fate of people at stake? Do you think I wanted to be a Shinobi!?" He questioned me back as tears began to flow from his eyes. "I didn't ask for this and neither did you Kacchan but, I guess we both have different views on what happened."

With that we charged at each other again clashing fists together, over and over again. Why did things have to be like this? I wondered as we continued. Deku nor I had a choice in our road. Deku was throw down his road after I took him to that house, and I went down my road after he abandoned me. This battle for a scroll was pointless, this fight between Deku and I was pointless. The two of us shouldn't have been fighting but, we both knew that day that we had no choice but to fight. If we didn't then nothing would be resolved. This was more than some brawl, it was a come to terms between lost friends.

I knocked Deku down and jumped on top of him, ready to slam my fist right into his head. Before I could he shot up and headbutted me, stunning me for long enough for him to get up. I wasn't gonna let him get another hit as I hit him with an uppercut. He fell back and kicked him in the stomach pushing me away before he ran at me and punched me in the jaw. The fight kept going like this with one punch after the other until I put everything I had into my fist just as Deku did the same and we socked each other in the jaw hard enough to knock us both back. I impacted into the side of the castle and Deku was sent across the river. My breathing was heavy, and my limbs felt like they were made of lead, but I couldn't stop, neither of us could. I pulled myself from the wall and began to spark explosions in my hands.

"Deku, let's finish this already!" I yelled and launched myself into the air with an explosion. I could see him mustering power on the ground, he was getting something ready. I launched myself at him while spinning myself around to collect more and more oxygen for one final explosion, Deku collected power into his leg and charged right back at me. "Howitzer," "St. Louis," We yelled, but I started to wonder, What's the point in me even winning this fight, do I really need to? "IMPACT!" "SMASH!" We yelled as our attacks clashed together, the force from our charges keeping us in the air as our powers collided. Deku, if I let you win, what will you do? I wondered, I canceled my attack and let him win as he continued forward going into the side of the castle with me. I could barely move, but he crawled his way over to me. "K...Kacchan, please, I don't want us to begin some endless cycle of fighting." He pleaded to me. "Why, why do you care so much about me?" I demanded. "It's because we're friends, we always were."

What? "No matter how hard you want to push me away or call me names, I'll keep trying to get back to you Kacchan, because you're one of the reasons I kept fighting, the image of victory in my mind, it's not of Aizawa, or Kiriya, or Asuka, or any of my classmates, the image of victory that I hold, is of you Kacchan, and the way that you would carry yourself no matter who came at you. It's why I was trying so hard to get you back Kacchan." I just listened to him, I took every last word in. Maybe, Yomi's right. "Please Kacchan, let's start over, as friends." He begged me. I thought on it for a moment, I turned my head to say something to him, when my body began to feel light, like I was disappearing, everything was turning red, I was losing my vision. "DEKU!" I cried out to him, thinking he could help me. Then everything went black.

Next time

Burst Arc

Final Chapter

The Future I Want