Burst Arc: Chapter 2: Your Own Style

A couple months have passed since Katsuki showed up and made his, big, debut. His power hasn't shown up since then and Suzune-sensei has been making sure to keep his attitude in check. His fighting style has developed since then, he still uses palm strikes but, Suzune helped him to develop it further, into what's called the Iron Palm Style. Currently, I was observing a match between him, and a new student, her name was Hikage. She didn't seem to be very emotional, in the sense of, she doesn't show anything. Not even a wince from pain as her and Katsuki went blow for blow.

"Is that all you've got moss-head?" Katsuki taunted as he charged at Hikage. She was able to move skillfully around him, like a snake, Katsuki had gotten better at reading people though. Using that he was able to keep himself from getting hit but, wasn't able to land any himself. "You lookin' down on me, say something freak!" He screamed as he used a wild tactic to knock the knife from her hand. Even then, she showed nothing. "DIE!" He screamed and went for another blow. "That's enough!" Suzune-sensei yelled.

"Training is done for now, Katsuki, Hikage, back off." She ordered. With a scowl, Katsuki did as she ordered and sat underneath the overhang. He was trying to hide it but, I could tell he was trying to catch his breath. "Alright, Hikage, go grab some food, Katsuki, bath, then you do the same." She ordered the both of them. They both gave nods and went their separate ways. "Haruka, come with me." She ordered and I followed her through the school.

"So, what do you think of him?" She asked, referring to Katsuki. "Well, my summary of him is, he yells too much, he fights like an animal in a cock fighting ring, he doesn't bother with other people, let alone worry about his image to other people, in other words, he'd be a prefect solo runner." I explained to her. She gave a nod, "And?" She asked. "His blood is completely normal though, he doesn't have any shinobi heritage, and he doesn't have a single abnormality with his DNA." I answered her as she seemed to be a bit disheartened. "Damn, then where could that power have come from then?" She wondered. "I'm not sure, perhaps, he has a connection to something that runs deeper than DNA." I suggested

"Well, I suppose this will need some further studies, Haruka, for now, I want you to try and get on his good side, I'm thinking of having him take the exam for the Elite Class, he'll be alongside you and Hikage, should she pass as well." Suzune explained. "Sure, I'll see what I can do to get close to him." I answered her. With a nod of confirmation, we parted. How will I become close to him though?

"It's been two months now, since I last saw him." I spoke to myself as I soaked in the schools open air bath. It was fine, something interesting at least. Can I really get stronger here, and teach that bastard a lesson? I questioned myself. "The fact that he just left, without a word, to anyone, the hell is he even doing?" I wondered, as an annoying presence became apparent. I stood up and turned to face it, "Show yourself!" I shouted. "Don't be afraid, it's just me Katsuki." That presence was Haruka. "The hell do you want?" I demanded. She kept that damn stupid smile on. "I was just coming for a bath, don't mind me, I mean you were accepted to an all-girls school after all, can't exactly be alone now." She replied.

Her eyes darted down on me. "You don't seem to suffer in that department." She commented. "Fuck off." I told her and sat back down. "I'll join you then." She spoke and sat down next to me. I moved away from her. "No need to be shy." She commented. "I said it once, I'll say it again. Fuck. Off." I told her. Of course, she didn't get the message. "There's no need to be like that, if you talk with me for a bit, I'll let you in on a little secret regarding you." She replied. The hell could she possibly have to offer me? I thought. "So, Katsuki, where did you come from?" "Shizuoka Prefecture, then I moved to Asakusa." I answered, in hopes she would leave me alone.

"Alright, how about, your preferences on girls?" She asked. "Alright, I'm out." I told her and stood up to walk away. "Okay, Okay, we can skip that one, how about this, is there a specific weapon you've been wanting, to perhaps improve your fighting style, I could build it for you?" She offered. It was enough to hold me there for a minute. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Well, I build puppet's all the time, I even built my little robot companion to fight for me, surely there's a specific weapon you've been wanting." She explained as I thought for a moment, letting a grin creep onto my face. "Anything?"

~A Few Days Later~

"DIE!" Katsuki screamed as he unleashed an explosion from his palm. "GO TO HELL!" He continued to yell as he fought the other students. "A little impractical but, at least he's pleased with his choice." Suzune commented. "Indeed, just a little something I whipped up for him." I confirmed to her. "I take it you've become friends with him then?" She asked. I let out a sigh, "I wouldn't say friends, more of a tolerance has formed on both sides." "Well, I suppose that's better than nothing, I hope you haven't been slaking on your own training though?" She asked. I shook my head to her question.

"Oi, Haruka, did you notice anything wrong with the gauntlets?" Katsuki asked. "Nope, everything looked A-Okay to me." I answered him. "Good, I still find it amazing to weaponize explosions like this, there ain't a single person I can't beat now." He spoke. "I certainly hope you're telling the truth Katsuki." Suzune spoke up, "Tomorrow, I'll be having you take the elite exam, if you pass, you'll be moved to the elite class, make sure you're prepared for it." She informed him. His smile didn't fade, "Don't you worry teach, I'll pass that damn test with a perfect score, just you watch!" He proclaimed and blasted off on an explosion, more than likely looking for a fight.

I wonder what the future will hold for us?