Hanzo Arc: Chapter 8: Aftermath

I woke up and my eyes slowly adjusted to the bright lights above me. Where am I? I thought as I finally looked around. I realized I was in a hospital. My arm was in a cast and I couldn't feel much of anything. What happened? I wondered as the door to my room opened. From it stepped in my brunette comrade, Asuka. "Asuka?" I spoke softly as she saw that I was awake and ran over full force wrapping me up in her arms. "Your awake!" She yelled, "I'm so glad!" She didn't say much else, she just continued to hold me there for a minute. "Asuka, what happened, where am I?" I asked and she explained everything.

I was in the Asakusa General Hospital, everyone else was at home currently waiting for news on my condition. Apparently, what happened to me and Yagyu wasn't an isolated incident. The Hebijo team that was there had their own encounter with these people and Kiriya-sensei was in a fight of his own with one of their strongest. When I asked how Yagyu was, I was told that while she had some fractures on her arm and side, she had already made a full recovery and was told to take it easy for the few days to be on the safe side.

A doctor then stepped into the room. She had black hair and stood taller than Asuka. "Oh good, your awake." She spoke. And began to inform me of the condition of my arm. "Now, as far as your arm goes, it is usable we managed to repair it after a long and complicated surgery, here's the bad news though, I'm not sure what you've been doing to your arms but, you need to take better care of them. Your right arm in particular, if you break it like that about one or two more times, there's a good chance that you'll do permanent damage and won't be able to use them ever again."

Asuka was wide eyed the entire time. "Y...You can't be serious about that right?" She asked. "I'm afraid that I am being serious, damage like what he had isn't normal, now then, Midoriya, right?" She asked and I gave a nod. "I'm going to contact your mother and have her come and get you, your arms may hurt for a few more days so I'll have to prescribe you some painkillers, we'll send it to the drug store in the Asakusa shopping district, and you there, Miss..." She directed to Asuka, "Asuka." She answered. "Asuka, you seem to be a bit more responsible than him, keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't do this again." She requested and Asuka nodded to her as she then left.

When she did the door burst open and a familiar blonde charged in. "Izuku!" Katsuragi yelled as she did the same thing that Asuka did wrapping me in a bear hug. "Thank god you're awake!" She yelled, "Sorry to worry you Katsuragi." I apologized. "Are you kidding? Yagyu told me what you did to and what you tried to do, so come here you've earned this." She stated, "Earned wha..." I was then muffled as she grabbed my face and began to smother me in her breasts. Why the hell is this even happening!? I questioned as I tried desperately to push off her with one arm. "Katsu-nee, cut that out!" Asuka yelled and pulled her away from me as I started breathing heavily from being freed. "Ah come on Asuka, he deserves something good after all that." She pleaded. "I agree but, Izuku isn't that kind of boy!" She refuted. Thank you Asuka for understanding the simple boy that is me. I thought falling back into the bed. 

As I did the door opened once again. Please no more! I begged in my head as I saw Ikaruga and Yagyu come in. "Yagyu!" I yelled at the sight of her. "Izuku." She replied and walked to my side giving a much lighter hug than Asuka or Katsuragi had. "I'm glad your okay Izuku." She spoke. "Listen to me," she began, "I don't want you to ever make a plan like that again, I don't want to lose anymore friends." She spoke. "O...Okay," I replied, "I won't Yagyu I promise but, are you okay?" I asked she looked at me and then looked away. "What's wrong?" I asked. It was then that I noticed someone was missing, "Wait a minute, where's Hibari?" I asked. Ikaruga placed a hand on my shoulder, "Hibari defected from Hanzo academy, she joined Hebijo." "W...What?" I was in pure disbelief at her words. "T...That's gotta be a bad joke right, I haven't known Hibari for long but, I know she wouldn't leave like that." I spoke hoping I was right. "I'm sorry Izuku," Asuka spoke, "But it's true, she left and even took the Super secret ninja art scroll." I couldn't believe it, I didn't want to believe it. How could someone as kind, sweet, and child-like as Hibari be a traitor?

I stood up from the bed and ripped all the machines out of me. "Hey where are you going?" Asuka questioned. "I'm going to Hebijo right now and getting her back!" I yelled. Katsuragi grabbed my arm pinned me to the wall. "Your not going anywhere Izuku!" She yelled. "I'm going and that's that, I'm not going to let another friend fall down a dark path!" "Oh yeah, and how do you expect to win a fight if you're in that condition, Hebijo isn't a school that you can just visit whenever, they'll attack you on sight, they'll kill you without a second thought!" "I can handle them!" I protested. Katsuragi grabbed me and threw me to the bed. "How do you expect to handle them when you can't even stop me?" She questioned. I tried to sit up again, she got closer, I braced myself for another shove but, was met with a hug. "I'm not gonna let you throw your life away, especially not like this, you should at least stand a chance." She spoke. "I...I'm sorry." I apologized as my tears flowed. "It's alright, there's no need to cry Izuku, you just need to heal first, learn to take care of yourself before you try to take care of others, if not for you, then do it for the people that care about you and love you, like your mom, or us even, okay?" She urged me, I gave a nod. "Okay, I will." She smiled as me. "Good boy." She replied and ruffled my hair. "Wow you have really soft hair for a boy." She noticed as the door then opened. 

In came a woman with dark green hair like mine, my mom, Inko Midoriya. "Izuku!" She yelled. "Mom." "Mom?" They all spoke. My mother was shorter than me and in the time since I was a child she did gain a bit of weight but, she's always been supportive of me and I love her so much. "Izuku how did this happen again?" She asked. "I'm sorry mom, I had no choice this time." I answered. "Listen to me Izuku, I don't think you should be a shinobi anymore." My eyes went wide from what she said, "W...What?" "You get yourself injured way too much and now the doctors are saying that you may not be able to use your arms if it happens again, it's getting to dangerous for you." She stated. "M...Ma'am, you can't just make a decision like that, Izuku is one of the strongest people I know." Ikaruga protested. "And I understand your concerns but, I'm still his mother, it's my job to worry about him and I can't take this anymore." "Mom please, this is something I have to do." "What's so important about this that your willing to break your arms like that, how can you possibly think that's okay?" She demanded.

I wasn't sure what to say, I couldn't find anything to counter her argument. "You're right ma'am it's not okay." Yagyu spoke. "For Izuku to break his arms in the manner he did so much so that he runs this big of a risk now is entirely not okay." Yagyu what are you saying? "But, please understand ma'am, he had no choice this time. The opponent we faced was one beyond our own strength, one who sought to kill others just for fun." "W...What?" "I know I'm not making this any better by telling you that but, please know that what Izuku did," She then took off the eye patch she wore showing her hidden eye as tears began to flow, "Allowed him to save my life." Yagyu. "If he hadn't been there, I would have died, but because he was there he was able to summon the strength he needed at the sacrifice that it cost, this happened because we were all to weak to stop our opponent, ma'am all we ask for is one final chance, let us become stronger and we'll make sure that Izuku never has to do that again, I swear it!"

The usually stoic and expressionless Yagyu, to see her crying her heart out like this to someone she barely knows, it's something entirely new. She even took off her sister's ribbon. My mom let out a sigh, "You really care that much for him?" She asked and Yagyu gave a nod. "All of you?" She continued as Asuka, Katsuragi, and Ikaruga all nodded to her question, "We truly do ma'am." Asuka spoke. "Before Izuku showed up it was just five of us becoming shinobi. We all progressed at the same speed but, when Izuku arrived and he showed us how strong he got after training for two years by himself, it spurred us on and made us want to become stronger so that if he's in trouble he can rely on us for help." Once again my mom let out a sigh, "Okay then, I'll give you one final chance at this but, if you break your arms like this again, I'll be having you drop out of the Shinobi course, okay?" My eyes lit up, "Yes ma'am, I swear that I'll get stronger and this won't happen again.

With that I was checked out of the hospital, allowed to continue my stay at Hanzo Academy. It was from then that i learned I needed to revamp my style, to create a new power that would allow me to fight with everything I had and protect the people I love.