Shinovi Versus Arc: Chapter 20: Renegade

Hikage and Eijiro walked down onto the grounds of the Arena, many people in the crowd cheered hard for Eijiro, a video of him saving a child from a shooter had gone viral so a lot of people recognized his face but, none really knew his name, the video was just called, Red hero saves child from bullet. A simple title but one that garnered tens of thousands of views. As the two got before each other, Eijiro walked up to Hikage and stuck his hand out. "Let's have a good match Hikage!" Hikage stared at his hand for a moment and then took it, giving a nod but saying nothing, not even a smile, as she usually does. They took a few steps back from each other and waited.

Present Mic did his announcement, "Alright, it's time for the last battle of the day, who's gonna win it? Will it be the Crimson Squads Snake-like Hikage, or will it be U.A. High's Super Manly Hero Eijiro? Lets find out! 3... 2... 1... GO!" In an instant Hikage drew her blade and shot it forward, the blade extended out and was heading right for Eijiro. He didn't move an inch, yet the blade bounced right off of him leaving not a single mark. Hikage's eyes widen slightly at this. "Slashing and stabbing attacks won't work on me, not with my ninja art that makes my body sturdier than the toughest rocks." Eijiro informed her. His body had become rigid and stone like, but he still charged forward chopping his hands about, right now they were like swords and Hikage took a guess at this and began to dodge and weaved her way around him.

When he was too close for comfort she unleashed her leg and kicked him in the stomach. It pushed him back, it was then that Hikage realized how she could win, as she recollected on a conversation she had with Katsuki. Three weeks before the tournament, she was training alongside Homura, with the drills being overseen by Katsuki, who had figured out a good regimen for each of them and what parts of their bodies they needed to work on for the way they fight. Hikage managed to knock the swords from Homura's right hand, she thought fast and socked Hikage across the jaw, a move she was expecting from Homrua.

"Good Homura, leave your opponent wondering." Hikage recovered and went straight back to slashing, this continued for an hour before Katsuki called it. "Oi, Hikage, is slashing all your really good for?" He asked her. She stared at him blank as she always was, not understanding the question. "Huh?" She spoke. Katsuki sat next to her, "Do you only use slashes because it feels natural for you, or is it because that's Hinata's knife your holding?" He questioned her. She looked at the blade in her hand,

                        It was the knife that belonged to Hinata, her surrogate mother, also the leader of the gang she joined as a child

It was the knife that belonged to Hinata, her surrogate mother, also the leader of the gang she joined as a child. She'd cling to Hinata like a lost puppy, never wanting to leave her side. She taught her how to fight, and then one day, after they got into trouble with a rival gang, Hinata left to go speak with them personally. She never returned and Hikage would later go to look for her. It was after searching for her for days that she found her lying face down in a dumpster, dead. Hikage cried for the very first time that day, she took Hinata's knife that she treasured and began to use it as her own.

Maybe it was that memory that lingered in the blade that made Hikage wish to only use it and other assorted knives, but she truly didn't know herself. "What I'm trying to say is, you won't always be able to win by slashing away at your opponent, so I got you these." He said handing her a packaged item. "One day you'll need those for someone who can't be cut, someone that only a strong blow will be able to break." He told her before standing up and walking off towards Yomi who was doing weight training. Hikage opened the package and was surprised at the items inside, however, she did keep them.

I guess now is the time to use them. Hikage thought and sheathed all her knives and Hinata's blade before reaching into her back pockets. Eijiro charged forward and unleashed a straight punch. "Red Gauntlet!" He yelled. Hikage had glint in her eyes and unleashed her own punch against Eijiro's. He felt his skin crack as they clashed. "What?" He questioned. Hikage sent a blow to his gut and sent him backwards. Now equipped to her hands were the item in question, a pair of durable brass knuckles that were fitted specifically for her. Katsuki smiled at the sight of her using them, "Hell yeah! Show 'em what you can do Hikage!" He yelled as did the rest of the squad. The faint hint of a smile appeared on her face, she wasn't sure if it was happiness or something else, but whatever she was feeling made her want to smile.

She charged forward towards Eijiro and unleashed one punch after the other. Eijiro fought back landing a punch hear and there but, Hikage was far faster than him and was able to barrage him with blows one after the other until his hardening ran out and she landed a solid blow to his stomach that made him spit up his breakfast and promptly pass out. "AND THE WINNER OF THE FIFTH BATTLE IS HIKAGE OF THE CRIMSON SQUAD!!!" Present Mic yelled as a medical team ran onto the field and grabbed Eijiro before wheeling him away on a stretcher. His injuries wouldn't be anything serious, just a few broken bones and a serious stomachache. When the judges finished, they showed the scores for the two teams. Hikage earned nine points and Eijiro earned six points, bringing the first day to a close with the results up for all to see.

 Hikage earned nine points and Eijiro earned six points, bringing the first day to a close with the results up for all to see