Chapter 18

A/N: I'm back! Who missed me? LOL XD

Sorry it took me a while. I was too happy I couldn't write anything angsty. I was even surprised I finished this chapter. Why was I happy you ask? Of course it's because of SHINee's comeback what else?

I'm addicted to most of the songs in the new album. What's your favorite? I couldn't pick anything in particular. I like them all.

But I suggest you listen to "Farewell My Love" as you read this chapter. I think it suits well with the story.

Anyway, the story starts from here... Enjoy!

---------------

Let's break up.

Jiyeon stared at her phone with unbelieving eyes. She read the words over and over but even after reading them for a hundredth time, and even when the words echoes in her head, wanting to be heard, to be understood, Jiyeon stubbornly refused to listen.

He hadn't been seeing her boyfriend lately and Jiyeon thinks it was only probably because he was busy with promotions and tour. But this... this is totally unexpected and not to mention heartbreaking.

Her first thought was, why?

She tried to form some logic into his words, put herself in his shoes, think hard, and then think some more. But still nothing. She couldn't come up with possible reasons why he would want a break up. Maybe Taemin never told her he loves her through words but what about the gentle smiles, the soft touches and kind words? Were those lies? Were they all just a big ball of pretense? Some kind of game he decided to play? Because she couldn't fucking think of any other reason for a break up other than the fact that he doesn't love her at all.

After realizing that staring at her phone for hours wouldn't do her any good and that it wouldn't give her any sort of explanation she decided to type a reply.

It's not funny Taemin.

She lay on the bed, curled up in a ball, and waited. She waited because that was all she could do. The tears were already threatening to fall from her eyes. An hour passed by. Two hours. Three. And then it was already midnight and still no words came. No explanation. No nothing. She sent a few more messages afterwards. She needed to know.

I don't understand. You don't really mean it do you?

Please Taemin. I need an explanation.

What's going on? Really?

Damn it, Taemin. I need a reason. Please tell me.

She was already crying as she typed the last message. She realized by then how real everything was. That it was not some kind of a joke. That Taemin is definitely and without a doubt breaking up with her. And that she didn't have any choice on the matter. And she cried because her heart feels heavy and she needed to let it out.

~-*-~

Minho didn't want to acknowledge the feeling because it was not his place to feel anything close to how he was feeling. It felt so wrong, so uncalled for. But he knew it was right there. Because he could feel the pain when he sees her with Taemin, when they held hands and share a kiss. It was not his place to be jealous, but heck if it wasn't jealousy he didn't know what else to call it.

He didn't know exactly when it started. Maybe it was the day she first came to visit. Maybe it was at the party when Jiyeon was dressed in a beautiful black evening dress. Or maybe it was when her cheeks flushed a beautiful crimson red after he asked if he could kiss her. When exactly wasn't even important. All he knew was that he's in love... that tingling and heartwarming but sometimes painful sensation at the pit of his stomach which travels straight to his heart.