Chapter 21

Sometimes Taemin regrets telling his friends his secret. It's getting pretty annoying to answer everyone's questions, Jonghyun's in particular. The dino thinks it's pretty cool to know what's going to happen before it happens. And the nosy bastard would never stop asking questions until the answer satisfies him.

"What happened between you and Jiyeon, Taemin?" Jonghyun asked and Taemin knew he was talking about that other time period where he came from in which Taemin had no intention of discussing with anybody. He didn't say anything, trying to see if he can get away with it but Jonghyun is as persistent as hell.

"You broke her heart, didn't you?" Taemin rolled his eyes while thinking, 'here we go again...'

"Did you cheat on her?"

The idea was so ridiculous that he couldn't help but respond with, "What? No!"

"Don't tell me you also broke up with her then..."

"No, I didn't. Although breaking up with her would have been a better decision."

"What did you do then?"

"I took her for granted. I wasn't a very good boyfriend."

"You know that's what really bugs me. Why would you do the same thing again when you know it was a mistake in the first place?" Jonghyun had a smug look on his face as if what he said makes perfect sense. "Do you know what I would have done if I was given the chance to go back to the past?"

"What?"

"I will try my best to make it right this time. And breaking up with the person I love will be the last thing I would do."

Of course it was easier said than done because they didn't know how it feels like to lose someone you love. Taemin knows and he didn't want Jiyeon to experience the same thing.

~-*-~

It has only been one year and a half and yet it feels as if it was ages ago since she last saw him. A deep set of longing weighs in her heart and the fact that Taemin looks so hot wearing those ripped jeans and tank top doesn't help.

Although it was true, she couldn't just say, "Hey, Key told me you're in love with me and I came here all the way from New York to prove if it's true."

From a distance, she watched him dance and flirt with all those sexy girls wearing tight short dresses and even if she hates to admit it, they were more beautiful than she could ever be.

She didn't know how to approach him and the longer she sits there hidden in the dark at the gloomy side of the bar, the more nervous she becomes.

It has been a year and a half and she hadn't shown herself to him until (if she could gain enough courage) now. She wonders how Taemin would react on that. Will he run away? Will he acknowledge her? Or will he ignore her?

"Taemin really cares for you, Jiyeon-ah. He did all those things for you..." Key said to her over the phone.

"If he really cares for me then he shouldn't have broken up with me," she replied.

"He had reasons Jiyeon-ah. I'm not in the position to tell you everything but believe me, Taemin did all those things for you. If you need answers, talk to him."

The heck with it. She talked to him before she left and the only thing it did to her was to break her apart. Hearing him say he didn't love her even just a little bit shattered her heart to a point where nothing could ever fix it. She was still suffering from the effects of that night so she couldn't understand why she even considered coming back in the first place. For all she knew, he could again say hurtful words she wasn't prepared to hear. But then again she already heard the worst of it. Nothing would be as worse than hearing him say he never loved her. And so she decided to meet him once more. If only her nerves would permit it and her heart would stop freaking out.