Chapter 25

A/N: *Too lazy to edit*

Taemin didn't sleep that night. There are much more important things than sleeping when you only have a day to live. Besides he didn't want to miss a single thing on that night and the thought that it could probably be his last makes him edgy and sleeping was just impossible. He spent his hours staring at her face, memorizing every detail, every curve, the slightly parted lips, the soft sound she makes, and everything single thing about her. He let himself drown at the sight of his pretty angel sleeping right next to him.

Sometimes he couldn't help brushing his lips on top of her slightly parted ones. She would stir in her sleep but she never wakes up which is fine with him because watching Jiyeon sleep is just one of the many things he will most definitely miss.

It was already 6 in the morning when she woke up, a little early than the usual 8am. Her eyes fluttered open, a slow lazy smile formed on her lips and Taemin couldn't help but kiss those sweet plump lips once more.

They made love that morning again and again because Taemin just couldn't make himself let her go.

Then he made her breakfast afterwards because he wanted to cook something for her for the last time. There was a pain in his chest that squeezes the hell out of him at the thought that everything is becoming their last.

He walked her to the door just before she went to work. He was glad that she didn't find his actions strange. He still couldn't tell her the truth because he was too scared to see the look on her face once she finds out. Maybe he was being a coward but then he would rather have a memory of her smiling face etched in his mind for all eternity than see her broken and miserable.

"Are you happy Jiyeon-ah?" he cupped her face with the palm of his hands. Taemin loves the soft feel of her skin beneath his touch.

"Of course I am, idiot," she replied with a playful punch on his shoulder.

Taemin smiled at that. There are so many things he's going to miss even the little things such as saying goodbyes in the morning before they go to work. He wondered if they would let him keep his memories when he dies. He was desperately hoping they would because he didn't want to forget these wonderful moments they shared together.

"I love you so much" he said the words knowing it would be the last time.

Jiyeon said 'I love you too' back and for Taemin it was enough.

"Are you going to pick me up tonight?"

He nodded but Taemin knew it was a lie because he had the feeling he wouldn't live long enough to pick her up.

When Jiyeon left, he took a shower and went to meet his hyungs for an interview. There is so much to do and Taemin wondered if that was how he wanted to live the remaining hours of his life. He decided that no - it's definitely not. So he grabbed his bag and headed to the door and that was when Jinki caught him and he was forced to tell the leader the truth.

"Where are you going Taemin? The interview is in 15 mins."

"Sorry, hyung. I-I don't have much time." There were so many things he wanted to tell his friend but Taemin feels he couldn't –not when he's running out of time and maybe it's better this way because Taemin is not the type to be sentimental and besides, from the way Jinki looks at him, Taemin figures he didn't have to say anything.

Jinki looked at him with those knowing eyes and Taemin wonders how his hyung always seems to know everything. "Sorry, hyung," Taemin apologized not just for ditching the interview but for all the other things he did in the past which caused more trouble for his hyungs than they could handle. "I promise this will be the last time I'll be a jerk so... "