Mates?

After School, I was walking towards the woods because there was just something calling me to it.

I kept thinking about my encounter with Derek. There was like a connection between us.

I finally got to the woods and began following the path that my inner wolf guided me to.

As I continued walking the path, I noticed an old, burnt up house. I walk in and I caught a scent. The smell made my wolf go wild! I was so caught up in my excitement that I didn't realize someone was upstairs, watching me.

"Hey, KC," I yelped and jumped out of my thoughts.

"What the hell, Derek," I yelled at owner of that pleasant scent.

"Oh sorry, didn't mean to scare you," Derek chuckled.

"It's fine. Can I ask you a question," I asked determined to figure out the connection we had.

"Uh......yeah sure," Derek replied with a confused look on his good looking face.

"Do you happen to feel a connection between us," I asked.

"Like what kind of connection," Derek questioned as his heart start to race.

"Like we have known each other our whole lives and a force pulling us together," I explained.

"Well....now that you mention it....I actually had that feeling ever since I met you," Derek's answer stunned me. I was shocked because I felt the exact same thing.

"Whatdo you think it means," I asked Derek with curiosity all over my face.

"Well..I'm not sure if it's true....but there is a tale about a werewolf couple that felt the same thing," Derek started but I interrupted him due to the overwhelming curiosity in my body.

"What happened to them," I asked quite loud and fast.

"They were Mates," Derek concluded.

"What does that mean," I asked wanting more answers.

"It means that you might be my mate," Derek replied.

I was stunned. Now that he had mentioned it, it made perfect sense. I remember my parents telling me that they were mates a little while before they died and my mom telling me that tale when I was a little girl.

I was interrupted out of my thoughts by my phone. I looked at the caller ID. It was Scott.

"Hey Scott, what's up," I said.

"KC, can me and Stiles come over," Scott asked.

"Yeah sure," I replied.

"Great, we'll be over in 20," Scott said and hung up.

I put my phone away and looked back at Derek. I still had tons of questions.
"KC, I know you probably have questions so I will just tell you everything I know about it and what you might want to expect," Derek started,"Mates are very protective over each other and would risk there lives to protect the other. I can read your mind by a thing called a link, that's how I was able to tell you had questions. When one of us gets hurt the other can feel it as well. And once we finalize the bond everything I just said about the link and feeling each other's pain will included with our mate abilities."

"Well how do we finalize the bond," I asked Derek. Derek blushed.

"We have to have to bite each other," Derek stuttered. I blushed a bright red. Biting another werewolf is a very intimate thing typically when a werewolf couple bond with each other and their wolves become connected.

Me and Derek talked a little more about the whole 'mate' thing until I got a call from Stiles.

"KC we have a problem," Stiles yelled with concern and fear in his voice.

"Ok, I'm on my way," I assured him and hung up.