Repairing the Bond- Part 2

Luna's POV

After mommy and daddy left, me and Luke told Ava that we were going to bed.

She usually watches a sad romance movie so when Ava started watching, what I think, Fault of our Stars, we jumped out of our window and ran toward where mommy and daddy left to.

Luke and I focused on their scents and we followed them carefully.

We soon found them wrestling in full wolf form.

Daddy was as black as the night so we couldn't see him walk away from mommy but we heard him instead. We shifted full wolf too, when mommy looked directly at us.

We ran and ran till we got to another wolf with red eyes circled by white marks, its fur was as black as daddy's.

The wolf gracefully skipped towards. Strangely, not threatening. As it came closer we noticed the wolf's red eyes soften.

The wolf ran off  the stump it stopped on before, me and Luke were about to follow it when someone picked me up by the scruff of my neck.

I looked over at Luke and he was in the same situation I was in. I looked at the wolf holding Luke.

"Busted," I said. It can out more like a bark but they still understood what I was saying.

Luke's POV

I knew this was a bad idea!

I told Luna this was a bad idea but, of course, she didn't listen.

I looked at the wolf holding Luna. My heart dropped. I could have sworn that it was mom but the coat was different.

It had a pitch black coat, even darker than daddy's!

Mommy's coat is usually a light brown with black on the tips.

I whimpered.

Luna looked at me confused, I told Luna about the wolf that was holding her through our mind link.

She looked just as confused as I was.

The wolves holding us were both looking at us strange and put us down. I could barely see the mysterious wolf due to its coat that camouflaged perfectly with the woods.

Luna ran to daddy.

I slowly walked up to the mysterious wolf.

All my senses are telling me it's mommy but it doesn't look like her. When I looked in her eyes they were filled with confusion and sorrow. I knew then that this blackened wolf was my mother.

I raced up to her but daddy growled at me, telling me to stay back. But I just ignored him and snuggled up to mommy's paw.

She licked my fur with relief while I let out a purr.

Luna, soon after me, followed my confirmation process. When she finished she barked with joy.

Daddy was still cautious but he lowered his head and sniffed around. He finally confirmed that this was mommy.

After our little confusion moment, mommy and daddy took us back to the pack house and to our room.

KC's POV

After we took the pups back to their rooms we ran back to our room to shift back and get our clothes on.

As a walked past the full body mirror, it was clear why Derek and the pups looked confused in the woods. I was pitch black!

What happened to my amber coat?

I saw Derek shift back and he was completely naked. I blushed, feeling the heat in my cheeks. When I looked back in the mirror, my black coat turned into a red shade.

I looked back at Derek and he was clearly just as confused as me. I shifted back.

I started putting on a black tank top with purple short shorts.

"Derek what the hell happened to my fur? Why did it change from my original amber to pitch black to blazing red?" I asked concerned for my health and the future of my pack and children.

"Babe, calm down. What happened when your fur turned red?"

"What do you mean what happened? My fur turned red!" I said in a duh tone in my voice.

"Yeah but how did you feel?" Derek asked trying to calm me down.

"Um...I may or may have peeked at you naked through the mirror then I blushed then when I looked back in the mirror I was red" I explained, blushing again at the memory of just a few seconds ago.

"I think you finally tapped into your gift" Derek said with a smile. I smiled along and began jumping up and down.