Memories

KC's Wolf's POV

I arched my back as giant white wings began to grow out of my shoulder blades. I stretched my new wings and began to flap them. Derek must have sensed what I was about to do and opened the big window, barely big enough for my wings so I folded them up and jumped out. Right as I was about to hit the ground, I flapped my angelic wings. I start flying to the warehouse where my pups supposedly died. My instincts are telling me they are alive and I intend to find them. And nothing is going to get in my way.
I arrive at the warehouse and elegantly land right in front of the door. I inspect the area around the bodies, to my disappointment every thing in the room proved me wrong. Suddenly, our most treasured moments flashed their way into my head.

~Flashback~
-In Hospital at Birth

After 7 painful hours in labor, I  finally get to hold my precious babies in my arms. The Pack's Druid Emissary, Dr. Garza, suggested that we rest in wolf form so that we heal faster.
"How do I get them to shift?" I questioned
"Just shift into your wolf and her motherly instincts will kick in, she'll know what to do" Dr. Garza informed us
KC let her wolf take over and did indeed know what to do. She snuggled her snout into the crooks of their necks and they both shifted in to black wolves just like their father. Never a day goes by that we didn't wish he was here. The pups were almost identical except our son had a star birthmark on his shoulder while our daughter had a crescent moon birthmark on her shoulder. I decided to name the girl, Luna Guerra- Hale. And the boy Luke Guerra- Hale. I wanted their names to sound similar to symbolize their twin-iness. For the rest of that day we rested. Luke and Luna both snuggled close to me and each other.
Luke and Luna Hale- 12/10/11

-Introduction to Pack

The pups are 2 weeks old and are ready to meet the pack. Luke and Luna are inseparable. They are still learning how to control their alpha eyes so we have to travel in wolf form through the woods.
Before we leave, I'm feeding them. I called Ava to help since she is the pack's head sitter. She is watching the pups so I can go out and stretch my legs. Unfortunately, I can't go to a supermarket to buy a streak 'cause werewolf pregnancies have to be so damn complicated so I can't change my eyes for a while.
Here I am stalking a lone deer. I'm deeply hidden between 2 big trees. Just as my pray puts her head down I lunge towards her at top speed. Before I know it she's down and I feed. I was never a fan of killing animals but Mother Nature intended for us to do it.
As I finish up I begin grooming my silky brown coat. Soon the sun was going down and I had to head back to my pups. As I was walking I saw a lone male wolf wandering towards the den. Of course, being a wolf, you do anything in your power to defend your pups. So I attacked the lone wolf and send him off limping back to where ever he came from.
I arrive at the den seeing a playful Luna nipping at Luke's ears while Luke is trying to shove her off, and Ava close by to keep watch. Once Ava notices me she gathers the pups and is by my side in moments.
The way to the pack house was less troubling then I have imagined but I'm not complaining. Right as the moon was at its peak, we arrived to the pack house full of the excited pack mates. Luke and Luna instinctively follow me to our room to get dressed. We shift back to human form. I dressed in a comfortable, white dress. While I dress Luna into a pink onesie and Luke in a blue onesie.
As we made our way down the stairs, we saw the whole pack all gathered around the living room with a crib in the middle of the room. I gently lay Luna in her crib first. Then Luke. Once they got settled, everyone looked towards me for my 'ok' for them to play with the new additions to the pack.
The rest of the night was filled with pack bonding activities with the pups.

-Park

The pups recently learned how to walk and control their shift, so to celebrate we are having a cookout at the park that the pack just so happened to build in our favorite open field in the woods.
"Luke! Luna! Ready to go?" I called
"Yes Mommy!" They cheered in unison
"Alright then let's go!" I cheered
We headed to the park where everyone was getting set up for the cookout.
That day was full of laughter and happiness. I would never forget it. That's where Luke and Luna actually had a normal child experience. No wolf drama or some lone wolf in the territory or a rival pack challenging us.

-Finding out about Derek

As I was watching Supernatural on TV, I noticed Luke and Luna were quite, too quite. I looked in their room and they surprisingly weren't there so I followed their scent to the attic. Oh No! They have to get out of there. That's where I keep my photos of Derek and me.
I ran to the attic. I found them looking through the pictures I hoped and wished they would never find. I started walking towards them, mentally preparing myself for their questions.
"Hey guys! Whata doing?" I asked in a fake clueless tone
"Hey Mommy, who are these people?" Luke asked
"Those are Mommy's friends, Lydia is my cousin, Scott and Stiles and Issac were like my brothers, and Erica and Allison are like sisters to me" I explained while pointing to each of them.
"Who's that?" Luna asked, pointing at Derek in the photo.
"That is Derek Hale" I simply said trying my best to keep the tears in.
"Who is he?" Luke asked curiosity
"He's your father" I replied
"How come he isn't here with us?" Luna question my hesitant state.
"When I told him you guys were in my tummy, he left us. He wanted nothing to do with you guys and he was very angry. So I came here to San Antonio to raise you and start a pack for your protection" I explained, not even noticing the tears streaming  down my face.
"Where is he now Mommy?" Luna asked sniffling
"He's back home in Beacon Hills with his pack" I said while trying to calm down
"It's okay Mommy, you have us and we will never ever leave you!" Luke cheered, me and Luna giggled.

-Swimming in Lake

In Texas it can get pretty hot. So to cool down we are all, meaning us and the rest of the pack, going to go for a swim in our favorite lake. It's not that far from the house in the woods.
I'm getting dressed in my white bikini. I'm now wait for the pups to finish putting their swimsuits on. While waiting I pack a bag full of chicken sandwiches, juice boxes, and soda. As I finish up I see Luna dressed in her purple, polka dotted, one-piece swimsuit that has a pink tutu at the hip about 2 inches long. Luke is in his plain red swimming trunks with a black swimming top.
At the lake, we do everything imaginable. Climbing trees, swimming races, tag in the water, food fights, pour each other's drinks on others. It was amazing.

         ~Flashbacks Over~

KC's POV

I shift back into human form and finally have my biggest meltdown yet. I just miss them so much. I promised that I'd keep them safe and I failed them. Derek wasn't here for them and I was no better! This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I can't imagine my life without them!