Deep Depression

KC's POV

Right after Derek's death I ran out of the old mall and shifted into my Angelic Wolf form and flew back to San Antonio. I'm guessing it's a gonna take a couple of days, enough time to clear my head. My power, the way I almost took her power, it was unbelievable.
Well, I better settle down for the night. I stayed in my form not caring enough to shift back.

-Dream-

"Mommy" Familiar voices called in sync
"Alpha" it almost sounded like Ava. I open my eyes. Tears are quickly brought to my eyes, how can this be?
I run up to hug them.
"How?" Was all that I could manage to say.
"Mommy, we want to go home!" My beautiful twins wined.
"I'm sorry babies! I can't bring you back home, you have to stay here. I wish I could but I can't. I miss you. Please remember that mommy loves you and nothing will ever changed that, okay?" I croaked out
"But we wanna stay with you and daddy!" Luke cried out harder
"I'm sorry sweetie but daddy will be with you soon" I apologized, only to hear my babies crying harder and me as well.
"That's the thing KC, he's not coming here" Ava explained
"Oh god! He's going to hell! Damn, I totally jinxed it! I-" I was cut off by Ava.
"No I mean he's not dead" Ava finished
"But I saw him fall with Ernis onto the escalators" I informed her
"But he's not dead" she reassured
I started to fade away.
"Mommy! No! Don't leave us! Please! We need you! Mommy!" The twins cried out for me but it was no use. I was gone.

-Dream Over-

I woke up gasping for air. Was it true? Was Derek really alive? No, it was just a dream. Just a dream. He's dead and will be with Luke and Luna soon.
I was snapped out of my thought when I heard my stomach growling. I should go hunting. So that's what I did. There really isn't anything else for me to do so why not.
A rabbit. Perfect meal for a road trip. I slowly stalk towards my pray, watching its every move. I pounced. Snap. The cracking of its neck could be heard, the reassuring sound of a meal. Dig in. I graciously cleaned my fur. It's about time to take a nap. Oh well, what have I got to lose.
I wake up with a slight stinging pain. I don't think anything of it, I elegantly spread my wings to fly. I start flying at a safe hight for no one to see me. The pain slightly grows. I land to see the source of the pain. I see a black mist coming out of my mate mark. What's wrong? The faster I get home, the faster I can get it checked out.
I'm now somewhere by Phoenix, Arizona. I fly in the moonlight only to make my heavenly fur shine. A struck of pain hits me. I fall to the ground with a thud. I growl in pain. I look at the mate mark and it looks like it's burning out of my skin! What in the bloody hell is happening?! I go to stand only to have another wave of pain hit me. I uncontrollably shift back into my human self and scream in pain. I get on my hands and knees, hoping that my new position will ease this excruciating pain. No use. I open my eyes and as the pain hits my body is flickering on and off. I start to panic. My wolf slowly begins to come out. I look to see my wings are not present so I run. I try running away from the pain. It only increases. I push my legs to run faster, faster than the average werewolf should. My vision begins to blur. I finally blackout.

Derek's POV

I can't believe it. I cheated on KC. I can't even get a hold of my wolf. He hasn't spoken to me since Jennifer and I had that....thing happen last night. I carefully try to pry myself away from Jennifer, carful not to wake her. I walk quietly to the bathroom. As I look in the mirror, I immediately check the mate mark that KC left. I felt a heat in it last night and started to worry. I searched for the mark but nothing. All I found was a huge bruise where it used to be. I should definitely ask Deaton about it.

KC's POV

I wake up right where I last remember I was running. I start running again, not even hunting for a meal. I keep running not stopping once until I finally reach San Antonio. I don't go to the pack house yet, first I went to the people I let down the most.
"Luke? Luna? If daddy is there then tell him that I miss him and that I love him just as much as I love you. Ava? If what you said to me in my dream is true, then something's wrong. My mate mark is gone. I don't know what it means. I guess what I'm trying to say to all of you is thank you for staying by my side. Even in the after life" I cried out
I run to shift back and get some clothes.
We have clothes and robes stashed everywhere, hidden up in the trees.
I grab a bra, underwear, cotton white short shorts, and a light blue tank top. I run the rest of the way to the pack house. Despite the pain surging through my body, I keep going without a second thought of the pain. My determination doesn't fail me when the pack house comes into view. I gather my remaining strength and walk up to the porch and knock on the door. Surprisingly someone opened the door, I don't know who because right as they opened the door I collapsed.