II. Roadtrip To Woodsboro

Chapter 2,
    Roadtrip To Woodsboro
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Hearing that your younger sister almost died is not an ideal call you would like to receive, much less from a guy you used to babysit before turning into a rebellious teen. Daphne was sitting outside of her work place, in Modesto California, living her new life. She was with her girlfriend, Esther, who seemed as if she could beat you up for taking the last chicken nugget, not that she would. Daphne was taking a break from her shift and needed a breath of fresh air, hence the reason she was outside of her workplace.

 Esther was just a nosey ass, and wanted to check up on her girl before heading back to work, it was cute how well they went together. Their relationship was like opposites attract, which is why they worked so good.

  "Excuse me, miss? What'd you just take?" Esther asked as she faked her Hispanic accent, as she approached her lovely girlfriend.

  "Your birth control pills. Good luck with your fucked up period cramps now." Daphne retorted as she watched her girlfriend take the empty spot from beside her,  laughing a little bit.

  Esther and Daphne met during their first day on the job, both finding love in complaining about everything and anything that went wrong in their favor. Esther, however, made the first move on the girl and asked her if she wanted to go on a date, the rest was history.

 "You are my birth control pills." Esther laughed as she referred to the things they'd do to relieve the cramping when the pills were nowhere to be found.

  Rolling her eyes playfully, Daphne laughed, before they both shook their heads at the same time.

  "No, no." Esther sighed as she grabbed her girlfriend's hands, the two were as wholesome as a video of two puppies playing with one another.

  Daphne looked into her girlfriend's eyes with adoration and love, as they stood silent for a second, Daphne grabbed Esther's collar and pulled her closer, interlocking their lips. The kiss was sweet, the love that they had for one another was sweet. 

 "You okay?" Esther asked as she looked into her girlfriend's eyes, making sure she wasn't feeling overwhelmed or even doubtful.

  Before she could answer however, Daphne's phone began to ring, with one glance, she noticed that it was an unknown number that could possibly Wes. Declining the call, she decided to continue to talk to Esther, anything that reminded her of Woodsboro would simply be thrown in the back of her mind.

  "Yes." Daphne breathed out as she turned her phone off, before looking right back at her girlfriend.

 "You don't have to check on me all the time, I am not breakable." Daphne spoke again, causing Esther to chuckle.

  "Yeah, this I know." Esther smiled, Daphne felt comfortable with this girl, they have known each other six months prior to starting their relationship, and yet she felt safe.

 Daphne felt seen, and as if she was the one holding the moon in her hands while her eyes held the stars that shimmered brightly. Not getting a chance to respond as her phone vibrated, Daphne checked, only for her little suspicions to be right. It was Wes, however it was about Mika and not trying to persuade the girl to come back.

  "Oh fuck!" Daphne muttered under her breath as she got up from where she sat, her sister was very dear to her.

 Not waiting for Esther to speak up, the girl clicked on the little phone button and waited for Wes to answer the call. She knew that if this was just a sick joke for Wes to finally bring her back to Woodsboro, she would kill him with her bare hands. 

 "Daphne?" Wes asked, hoping that it was the girl and not another wrong number.

 "Hey, what's going on?" Daphne asked, worried about her sister.

   Wes took a slight deep breath, as if preparing both himself and her for the news he was about to share.

  "Uh, Mika... Was attacked." Was all the boy could have said, he didn't want to sugar coat things knowing that Daphne would murder him if she realized her sister was in more danger, but he didn't want to be so blunt about it either.

 "What? Is she.."

  "She's alive, but in bad shape. She was... stabbed." Wes laid it all out slowly, so that Daphne could process everything without spiralling.

 "Stabbed?" Daphne repeated, so many questions where floating around in her mind, she wanted to know where her mother was, and why she wasn't there to protect the young girl.

  "She made it through surgery,"

  "What the fuck?" Daphne interrupted, more than just annoyed at how irresponsible their mother was.

  "And the doctor said it went well. She's resting now. I know you guys aren't on the best terms right now, but.." Wes didn't even finish his sentence when Daphne said she would come back for her sister.

  Wes didn't push any further, but left her with some information that through her off, as she was not expecting what was said.

  "She said it was someone in a fucking ghostface mask." Wes stated, shivers went down the older girl's spine as she had no words to say.

  Once the phone call ended, tears began to wither as she looked around, Esther got up from where she sat and walked over to Daphne.

  "My sister was attacked, I need to go. I need to go back to Woodsboro." Daphne stammered as tears fell down her face, Esther looked at her before rushing over and wrapping her arms around her tightly.

  "I'll go with you." Esther spoke, as she held her girlfriend.

  "No, no Esther."

  "No Daphne, I am going with you." She restated, looking at her girlfriend.

  Without putting up another fight, Daphne finally agreed and they were off to Woodsboro. Back to where it all started.