XXI. Double Tap

Chapter 21,
    Double Tap
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Mikaela walked out of the kitchen with Gale and Sidney, and looked at Daphne before looking at Esther. Emotions were still high, but it wasn't until Mikaela knew that both ghost face killers, especially the one that killed her boyfriend were now dead, her lip trembled a little bit and her eyes watered. Mikaela walked over to Daphne and hugged Daphne tightly, sobbing as she knew that this was finally over. She avenged her boyfriend along with her mother and it felt good.

  "I am so sorry, for yelling at you and saying you should've stayed in Modesto. This wasn't your fault, and I am so sorry." Mikaela apologized as she looked at Daphne, who shook her head and cupped her face as she wiped away her tears.

 "I would have reacted the same, you probably made him proud, killing his killer." Daphne smiled softly, Sidney and Gale hugged each other in the back ground.

  As they pulled away from the hug, Daphne finally dropped the knife and looked back at Esther's dead body, she couldn't believe that she had killed the girl who held her heart in a locked box. It hurt a lot, knowing that her girlfriend was supposed to keep her safe from harm like she promised earlier when they first started to date.

  "They always come back Daph, do the honors." Sidney looked at the distraught girl as she handed her the loaded gun. 

  Daphne nodded her head and shot Esther in her forehead, she was in her own world, trying to pretend that this wasn't happening and it was all in her head but the gunshot brought her back to reality. She wanted to cry but her eyes had done enough, she's been crying the whole time she's been here, she needed to stop.

  As the whole room went silent, there was a scream coming from the kitchen and out came Summer who held a kitchen knife, running straight for Mikaela. It caught the girl off guard and soon there was a knife inside of her stomach, plunging it to go deeper but before Summer got the chance to kill Mikaela, Mika shot Summer in the back of her head as she came out from the living room. Mikaela screamed in agony as she slowly fell down to her knees, holding the handle of the knife.

  "I'll call the cops, don't remove the knife." Sidney advised as she grabbed Gale's hand and walked over to the kitchen to grab the landline. 

 Mika rushed over to her best friend who was struggling to breathe correctly, she could feel her life slip away as she looked at the Kemper sisters.

  "You're going to be okay Mikaela, we're going to go home and be okay." Mika muttered as she applied some pressure around the wound, Daphne crouched as she began to sob.

  Mikaela had begun to feel like Daphne's other little sister, she needed to protect both of them now.  

  "You're my sister now Mikaela, please stay with us." Daphne sobbed as she looked at Mikaela, who was struggling to keep her eyes open.

 "I've stayed for too long, it's my time to die, at least I got a decent amount of screen time." Mikaela joked before coughing up a little bit of blood, she gripped onto both Mika and Daphne's hand as her breathing slowed down.

  "No, no, NO!" Mika screamed as she tried to wake her best friend up, she needed the ambulance to come and get her sister to awake.

 Mika's world was crashing down, she lost the three people who made her feel like they were a family, Camden and Alaska were her childhood best friends and now they're gone. Mikaela was the person who made her feel like her mistakes were only happy accidents. Now they're gone, they're all fucking gone.