XI. Dewey No!

Chapter 11,
    Dewey No!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "What's going on?!" Mikaela shouted as she rushed out of her car, running over to the crime scene that was once the Hicks home. The girl was planning on coming over to spend the night with Wes, as she knew he could be a little paranoid, even when his mom is home.

  Tears withered in her eyes as she ran over, noticing a body bag, with a bit of blonde hair sticking out of it. Daphne got out of her car and she began to walk over to the crime scene as well before looking over at Mikaela who was crying hysterically. The poor girl ran straight for the body bag, needing to see if it was actually Wes, but she was held back by two police officers. Daphne walked over, wanting to calm down the younger girl.

  "This wouldn't have fucking happened if you stayed in Modesto!" Mikaela screamed as she turned to Daphne, although she didn't mean what she said, it still hurt Daphne. Looking at the young girl, Daphne didn't say anything but pulled her into her arms.

  Mikaela crumbled in Daphne's arms, Wes was her first love, the first person that had truly cherished her and now he's gone. Someone was going to pay for this, and they were going to have to pay for it with their life. As Daphne comforted the sobbing girl, she noticed a woman in an all red suit, she rushed over to the crime scene and then over to them.

  "Excuse me?" The woman said, Mikaela moved from Daphne to look at who was talking to them.

 "Oh, my God." Daphne gasped out, it was Gale Weathers, she looked even more beautiful in real life. 

  Daphne seemed as if she was fan girling over Gale at this moment, completely disregarding the fact that a friend of theirs had just died. Mikaela scoffed and rolled her eyes as she walked away, she was going to go home and clear her mind. Except Daphne grabbed her wrist and pulled her close to her, she wasn't going to let Mikaela go home and possibly die.

 "Are you two alright? You both seem as if you're having a bit of a moment. Did you know the sheriff and her son?" Gale asked as she looked at both of the girls.

Mikaela felt like her heart had been stabbed once more, thinking about how if she got there a minute earlier, Wes would have still been alive. 

  "Yeah, we both did. She didn't like me very much, but she adored Mikaela." Daphne answered for the both of them, knowing Mikaela was now going through shock.

   "She didn't like me very much either, welcome to the club." Gale joked, trying to lighten the mood.

  "I'm Daphne, Daphne Kemper and this is Mikaela Monroe. My sister and I were attacked." Daphne introduced herself along with the now shocked girl as she watched the body bags get driven away.

 "I'm sorry to hear that." Gale spoke softly, as her expression was more warming than intimidating.

 Gale noticed Dewey and excused her, running off to go scold him for not calling her about what was going on. Daphne took the chance to notice who was here and realized that all the cops were here, meaning nobody was protecting Mika. Quickly grabbing her phone, Daphne dialed Esther's number.

  "Yello!" Esther greeted as she watched some YouTube in the motel room.

  "He just killed two more people, he killed the sheriff and her son!" Daphne shouted, not greeting her girlfriend back.

  Esther was about to ask about what was going on when Daphne noticed the two cops who were supposed to be guarding Mika's room were at the scene of the crime. Truly meaning her sister was alone, left to fend for herself.