Chapter 11 - Stay for a bit

Nightmare's Pov

        I wake up, rubbing my eyes to see clearly, everything was a bit blurry at first until I look down. I saw Killer sleeping on me and I blushed a cyan hue. flashbacks crept in my mind, I remembered the times when this was usually common. I sighed and I slowly escape his touch to go to work but something caught my attention. "Don't go..." I could hear Killer say while sleeping. I blushed even more, maybe a few minutes of sleep wouldn't hurt? I crawl back on the bed and laid down next to him, he wrapped his body around mine and I chuckle. He slowly pulled my head towards his chest and hugged me tightly. Damn...I wish I could just sleep like this on a a daily basis..

      I close my eyes for a bit longer and eventually, I went back to sleep.

Killer's POV

      I wake up to the light hitting my eyes, I sluggishly get up and rub my eyes. I expected to be back at Color's house but was shocked when I saw a different layout.

      The familiar dark marble walls, the dark oak-double doors, and the fancy-glass door leading to the balcony. No, it can't be.. I look around some more, the king-sized bed, the dark nightstand, and the few bookshelves. Shit, I was in Nightmare's room. I immediately get off the bed and ran towards the exit. But before I could touch the handle, I saw that I was wearing completely different clothes...

      I was wearing Nightmare's sweater and I saw that my clothes from last night were in the laundry basket. I shake my head, there's no time for that, I gotta get out of here before it gets awkward! Besides, Rue and Color are probably worried.

     I twist the doorknob and entered Nightmare's office. I froze, I could see Dream leaning on Nightmare's desk. He smiled at me and I awkwardly smiled back. Something about him seemed...

"Off".

      I started walking towards the door, we didn't even talk or anything and silence was the only thing present. When I walked pass the desk, I could feel someone grab my arm. "Where the fuck are you going?..." I could hear Dream say in a low tone. I stopped, Did Dream just cuss?

      "Listen here, Killer. You. Are. NOT. Going. Anywhere." He said, it sounded uncanny and almost like an order. I pulled my arm away and I turned to face him. I was stunned, It was my first time seeing him angry... his face was so unhinged.

       "Dream, I need to go-" I tried to explain but he cut me off. "I don't want to hear it! You ARE staying here and you are ARE not going to make my brother drink himself to fucking death!" He said angrily, "But I need-" I say but he cut me off again. He stomped his feet and pointed his finger at me,

"I'M FUCKING TIRED OF SEEING MY BROTHER ACTING LIKE A PATHETIC SHIT! HE DRINKS HIMSELF OR CRIES HIMSELF TO SLEEP, HE HAS 16 THERAPISTS THAT QUITTED, YOU FUCKING ENDED SHIT WITH HIM ALL OF THE SUDDEN WHEN HE DID NOTHING FUCKING WRONG! BUT STILL, HE IS STILL FUCKING OBSESSED WITH YOU! HE IS STILL TRYING TO FUCKING COMMUNICATE WITH YOU EVEN THOUGH YOU IGNORE HIM LIKE A FUCKING TURD ON THE STREET!
THIS JUST CAN'T KEEP GOING ON KILLER!
...I'm tired of seeing him in such an unhealthy state..."

"Don't Fucking Leave Him Again."

He shouted at me. I look at him blankly, "But I need to look after his son.." I said in a low tone. I felt so bad but it felt like there was nothing I could do. We were silent for a moment. He sighs and hugs me. "Then just stay a litle longer, atleast let him down slowly..." he said. "Fine, but only for a day..." I reply and he let go before leaving the room. I sighed, it didn't really sounded serious when the gang said it last night...

Maybe I should go check up on Nightmare? He's probably in his room but I didn't see him, maybe he was in the bathroom at the time? I walk back to Nightmare's room and entered, I close the door behind me and I saw that Nightmare wasn't in the room, but the water in the bathroom abruptly stopped. I walked towards the bed, sat on it, and I nervously waited for Nightmare to come out.

When he finally came out, I blushed. He was in his passive form and he was fresh out of the shower. We both looked at eachother awkwardly with blush on both of our cheeks and he broke the silence, saying: "Good morning, Kills...". "G-good morning..." I replied.