Chapter 27 - The naked Truth

"Beep, beep, beep..." Killer's alarm went off, Killer tiredly grabs his phone before closing his alarm. He rubs his eyes and yawned, he stared at the ceiling zoning out. He fell back asleep accidentally and forced himself to wake up when he realized that. He quickly gets up before preparing his clothes.

He walks back to his sleeping son and gently wakes him up. Rue yawned before opening his eyes and Killer carried him to the bathroom which made Rue close his eyes again. He placed Rue down and said "C'mon Honey, It's already morning.", and Rue opens his eyes.

Killer undresses himself and also Rue before they hopped in the shower.
(Let's see how many dirty minded freaks are here...)

After they were done showering, Killer grabbed some towels and used it to dry both himself and his son. The two of them walked out of the bathroom with towels wrapped around them and he grabs some clothes for Rue to wear while Rue headed towards the drawer.

Rue grabbed one of his books and Killer walked closer to his son. He dresses Rue up and himself following shortly.

Rue sat on the bed as Killer tied his shoes, he was thinking about telling his mother what he knew...

"Mom?" Rue asks and Killer hummed in reply. "What is it sweetie?" Killer asks and gets up. "You never answered my question..." Rue says while hugging the book. Killer was a bit confused, he had no idea what Rue was talking about.

"What?" Killer asks chuckling awkwardly at the end. "Well...Do you love dad?" Rue asks. Killer was a bit quiet, he knew he was talking about Color.

"Why are you asking me that?" Killer asks and grabs his coat. "Well... mom, this might sound freaky but....I know that your feeling nervous." Rue said while staring at the cover of the book he was holding.

Killer froze, did...Rue inherit his father's Aura sensing ability all this time?

Killer gulped.

"Well...Uhm...Sweetie, are you sure you want the truth?" Killer asks as he buttons up his coat. Rue looks up and mutters "Truth?". Killer didn't hear him saying that so Rue spoke up "Mom...what do you mean by truth?".

Killer placed his phone and wallet in his coat and walked over to Rue's bag. "You asked me if I love your "dad" right and you're referring to Color?" Killer asks before grabbing the bag and sitting next to Rue.

"Of course mom, isn't Color my father?" Rue says as if it was true. Killer took a deep breath and said "Well, sweetie, It's time to tell you this...you were gonna find out sooner or later." Rue stared at his mother, he knew where this was going. He read one too many books to find out what would happen.

"Color isn't really your father.."

Rue was silent, he never expected this to happen to him. Color always acted like his father...

"What?" Rue asked in disbelief.

"I don't love him..." Killer says in a gentle way that could let Rue process things a bit better. He waited for Rue to process things and it took about 5 minutes before he spoke.

"He's not my dad?..." Rue asks and Killer took a deep breath. "You can still call him dad if you want.." Killer said softly but Rue was still in shock.

Killer's POV

"If Color isn't my father, did my father leave us? Or...die?" Rue asks and i couldn't help but laugh a bit when he said that.

He looked confused and I realized what I was doing and I decided to change the topic. I handed the bag to Rue and I said "Go pack some of your books, paper, and pencils.". He stared on the ground for a few seconds and hugged me. I smile and hug back, I kissed him on the head and said "Hurry on, or we'll be late.".

He let go and ran around his room grabbing a few stuff to keep him entertained. He placed the items in the bag and I stood up. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was almost time for my shift.

We left quickly and locked the door behind us.

We were running towards the cafe, Rue was having fun thinking it was a game while I played along cause' I was worried that I was gonna be late. But Rue's giggles made me smile.

When we arrived at the cafe and entered, I could hear a growl from both our none-existant stomachs. We looked at eachother and Rue and I laughed.

We walked towards an unoccupied table and I made Rue sit there. I jokingly handed him the menu and asked "What would you like to order, sir?". He smiled happily and said "I would likeee...the no circle donut with chocolate inside it.".

I smiled and said "Sure thing sweetie.". "Thanks mom." He replied before pulling out a book from his bag. I walked towards the staff's room and hanged my coat on the coat hangers. I pulled out my wallet and headed outside.

I walked to the cashier and I ordered what Rue wanted and a sandwhich for myself with some water and a milkshake on the side.

I paid for my items and walked to Rue and placed my wallet in his bag, he didn't mind and I headed back to the cashier to grab some gloves.

After I did, A fellow co-worker walked up to me and handed me a tray of food and drinks. He explained to me about the orders and I left to serve. After a while, a few more customers came in and the cafe became busy.

I still glanced at Rue a few times to check if he was okay but he was still happily reading so that's a relief.

After I was finally free for a moment, I glanced at Rue who was munching on a donut and at the table with the sandwhich on top. I walked towards Rue and grabbed the sandwich before taking a bite out of it. "Thanks for watching my sandwich sweetie." I said and he looks up. He smiles and says "Your welcome."