Chapter 33 - Mr. Nightmare's Garden

Rue's POV

As the sun rose up, I, too, do the same because of the light that seeped through the curtains. I yawned before stretching and looked around to find that mom already left for work. I shrugged it off before tossing the blanket off of my body and leaping off the bed. I landed on my feet and stood for a moment. I was still drowsy but I forced myself to stay awake.

I needed to know what happens in the next chapter of "The foreign lands"!

I was about to walk towards the door when I felt myself loosing my balance after stepping on something. The adrenaline coursed through my body and my face bore a shocked expression as I did nothing but watched myself fall face first on the floor.

BAM!

My body hugged the wooden floor and I could hear an unsettling crack... I was shocked, what did I step on? No.. the question is, what happened?! I basically froze on the spot, the adrenaline made it hard to pinpoint the spot I had injured.

Suddenly, I could hear the door open and a shocked shout from my dad "Oh, my stars! Rue, are you okay, kid?!". I could hear his footsteps running towards me and I picked myself up. When he saw my face, an expression of terror appeared. I was confused, then I tasted the metallic taste of blood. I stood there shock, did something happened to my mouth?

He quickly picked me up and placed me back on the bed before running towards the closet to grab something. After a few seconds of confusion in my mind, I finally felt it.

Pain in my teeth.

I slowly lifted my hand to touch my front teeth and I noticed that one tooth was missing. I pulled my hand down and stared at it, the finger I used had blood on it and I froze. I looked up and I saw dad walking towards me with one of my red T-shirts and he wiped the blood from my teeth.

I started tearing up a bit, kinda sad that I had lost my tooth. "Dad, am I ugly now?" I ask him as he looked at my teeth to inspect what was wrong. He looked at me and laughed a bit, I looked at him with confusion and he replied "Of course you're not silly, you are still handsome as before.".

I smile and he smiled back at me before chuckling once more. He picked me up and I dug my face into his chest before looking downwards. I could see an open book on the floor and some blood stains, but the one thing that stood out to me more was my tooth that was lying on the floor.

"Dad...Can I go down now?" I ask him politely and he happily places me on the floor. I walked up to my tooth and bended over to grab it. When I had the item in my hands, I turned around and happily shouted "Dad, Look! My tooth, i could get G from the tooth fairy!". He clapped and replied "Congratulations kid, you're gonna be rich.".

I happily run towards him before giving him a hug and he picked me up again. "But before we put your tooth under your pillow, we have to eat breakfast first, little billionaire." He said in a happy tone and I laugh.

We exited mom's room and we headed down stairs towards the kitchen. He sat me down on one of the seats and grabs some plates from the cupboard to start my breakfast.

Time skip▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Dad, can I go to Mr. Nightmare's house? There's this book I haven't finished reading yet and I had to leave with a cliffhanger yesterday." I ask in a childish tone as I placed my spoon down on my plate. "Sure, I'll go call him later, but first you need to eat, kid." Dad replies after swallowing some of his breakfast. I let out a menacing and mischievous smile.