Chapter 21 - Home invasion

Killer chuckled and smiled after, and this caused Color to blush even more. Killer gently pulled Rue onto him and he gestured for Color to sit. "C'mon~ Tell me, what did you guys do when I wasn't in the house?" Killer asked, Color mentally forced himself to answer and he said "N-nothing much, we went to the park though.". Killer raised a none-existant eyebrow and Color broke out a sweat. Killer giggled, it was just a joke.

While Rue's head was laying on Killer's lap, Killer slowly and cautiously turned to the side and started removing his shoes and stripping his socks. Color blushed a bit, seeing Killer's flawless legs. "Hey Color can you watch over Rue for a while? I'll cook some dinner." Killer said, looking at Color who was trying hard not to get flustered. "Sure Kills, you don't even need to ask." Color replied, and Killer slowly got off the couch and walked his way to the kitchen.

Time skip

Rue was awake, watching TV with Color. Killer was still cooking some food and both the two boys watching the amazing world of gumball were getting hungrier by the second. They could smell the temptationous aroma of Killer's cooking. "Dinner's ready! Rue honey can you ready the table? Also Color, you serve the food while I go to my room to change." Killer exclaimed and exited the kitchen.

The two boys complied with Killer's request and did as told. They were now at the table, Rue was eating heartily, but Color was still waiting for Killer.

After a while of waiting, Killer finally showed up. He was wearing one of Color's Turtle-necks which surprised Color. "Hey Color, I hope you don't mind me wearing your Turtle-neck. It's just a bit chilly here." Killer said while sitting down next to Rue.

What Killer said was..a total lie.

Rue looked up to his mother, he smiled and Killer wipes his cheeks a bit. "Honey, you need to eat more properly, You have a bit of curry on your cheek." Killer says, "Okayy mom." Rue says before going back to eating. Killer grabs his plate and started scooping up some of his share and Color digs in.

        Their tonight's menu consisted of Egg-fried rice (extra spring onion because Rue likes them), Chicken tikka masala curry (Rue's favorite type of curry), bagel pizzas (one of Rue's favorite food), and grilled cheese (Color's favorite food) for compensation of being missing.

Oh GOOD were Color and Rue full, Killer wasn't a greedy bitch so I guess blessings to the chef. Rue was satisfied and asked to be excused from the table, but before he could do that Killer wipped his mouth with a napkin before saying "Sure Honey, but brush your teeth before watching TV or reading books.".

"I will, bye mommy." Rue said happily before hopping off and walking towards their bedroom.

It was just Killer and Color in the same room, completely alone...
Hahaha but Killer and Color aren't married, are they?

Killer stood up and started picking up all the dirty dishes before Color stood. "Kills, I want to help with the dishes." He said, Killer was surprised but accepted Color's offer.

When the two were in the middle of the conversation, Color brought up some nostalgic topics.

"Hey Kills, did you remember that time when you tried to teach me how to cook other than instant noodles and eggs?" Color said while scrubbing a pot that Killer used. "Hmmm....Oh yeah! I tried to teach you how to cook Empanadas, and you cut yourself while chopping some vegetables." Killer said, rinsing off the plates. The two chuckled, they were enjoying this moment.

"Oh yeah, Kills...I wanted to talk about what happened at that wedding." Color said, darkening the atmosphere. Killer was a bit confused, "Didn't I already tell you about H*te and his crazy blackmail?" He asked, But Color was silent.

"At the forest...were you trying to abort the kid yourself? No pregnant person would hold a stone and be ready to hurt their kid still inside the stomach, unless they were done or hurt." Color said.. Killer froze...

"W-wait you saw me?" Killer muttered, Color sighed and said "That's why I quickly spoke up.".

Rue was eavesdropping and he could not believe it. His mother actually tried to get rid of him?

It felt like...nonsense, reading tropes like this in books didn't really affect him...

But hearing that it was about him and it really happened...he just couldn't believe it.

His mother...who went out of his way just to cook up the best of foods he could offer, who worked at a crappy environment just to earn money so they could be stable and afford expenses, and lastly... his mother was the one tutoring him since he knew that they couldn't afford school.

His mother...actually tried to kill him.

He walked towards the bedroom, he was still shocked. Trying to process some things...

Then someone grabbed Rue and pinned him to the wall, Rue looked up and screamed. It was a stranger holding a knife, there were 2 men behind him and The man with the knife threatened to kill him if he didn't shut up.

All of them were wearing clown masks and attire, so rue couldn't see their true faces.

Then suddenly Killer busts in the room, Rue was shocked...How did his mother arrive in time? Killer rushed in and pulled the clown with the knife away from Rue and kicked him away. Rue was shocked, Killer puts on a fighting stance.

He was panicking, three clown maniacs just invaded his home and his child was behind him. He can't just murder them on the spot...

"Rue, Close your eyes. NOW!!!" Killer shouted and Rue did as told. Killer charged and dodged their attacks while also protecting Rue at the same time. Killer summoned a wave of knives and hit on the guy without any weapons, he used a bone attack and peirced the armed man. Leaving one dusting and the other bleeding.

Killer looked at the third guy which he thought was unarmed and saw him holding two guns..

One aiming at him and one aiming at Rue. Killer was stuck, his mind was in shambles..

A gun was aiming at Rue...