Chapter 35 - My last name? It is Certainly Joku

After the two bestfriends let go of one another, they wiped their tears away before preparing to go back, not wanting to alarm the others. As the two walked back to where they last meet up with the others, Color began asking questions. Killer at first was afraid to answer but finally gave in.

"Hey, Kills..." Color asked, he was nervous but at the same time he felt stupid for asking. "So are you and Nightmare dating? Like are you two fixing you two's relationship or something? Cuz' I've realized that... you two have been real close. I only realized that just now, okay?" He asked, trying to push down his leftover feelings. Killer only gulped, this was in fact true and that question caught him so off-guard. "Y-yes... we've gone back together, but.. I just wanna know if you're okay with it. Because I don't want to feel like a leech in your eye sockets." Killer answered truthfully, staring at the ground trying to hide from Color's expression. He was truly ready for humiliation.

Color was only surprised. Why would Killer feel like a leech? "Buddy, there is nothing wrong with that. It's just that... I just wanted to know." Color answered, trying to reassure Killer that it was okay. "Besides, I feel really bad for Nightmare. His own son doesn't call him "father" of sorts, and... you probably did not tell Rue who his actual father is.. judging by the way how oblivious he was to Nightmare." Color added, trying to feel the amount of pain in Nightmare's heart in those moments Rue called Color "dad".

Killer looked up and replied "Yes, I haven't told him yet and I kinda screwed up... told him the goopy guy he saw was a monster... I-I'm planning to tell him the truth when the time comes..", He felt embarrassed as he remembered the warning he gave to Rue a few months back...

"So when is that?" Color asks, purely out of curiousity. Killer twiddled with his thumbs and went quiet, he wasn't really sure when but he estimated that he would tell him tommorow. "Maybe tomorrow I'll tell him." Killer replied and Color smiled.

As the tension began to ease up, the two finally arrived to where the wished to go, but found that the others weren't there. As the two stood around dumbfounded, two small arms began to hug around Killer's waist and the black-teared skeleton looked down to find his son smiling joyously. Killer let out the same smile and chuckled.

The small child lead the two back to the others and they continued the night together. They played some games, rode on rides, and lastly, ate some ice cream. You could say that everyone had a good time. The remaining tension and the memory of the rejection disappeared from Color and Killer's mind. Nightmare and Killer managed to sneak a little makeout session without anyone knowing and Rue had the time of his life.

But after hours passed, it was time the Carnival had to close for the night. The family began to get ready to leave and the Cream and Nightkiller family+Color headed their separate ways. Rue was sleeping soundly in Nightmare's arms as the four of them headed to Killer and Color's residence. Everything being awfully quiet. Killer was getting tired of walking so Nightmare lent an appendage to lift Killer up so he wasn't walking the full tiresome path. Color noticed this and he began to ask... (At this point, Killer fell asleep)

"So...Hey, Nightmare." Color softly called in an awkward way, he had regretted his decisions after realizing how his voice sounded. "What?" Nightmare asked back, he hated to admit it but he was caught off guard. "So... how long have you and Killer started dating again?" Color asked, purely curious of how long has this been going on behind his nose. Nightmare's eyes widened, he knew?

"Did Killer tell you or did you saw us...?" Nightmare asked, ready for the embarrassment if he answered the latter. "Just a hunch, I noticed that you two have been really close. Are you the one who drops Killer off to his work and picks him up? Cuz' I'm pretty sure that he can't teleport, let alone to another AU entirely." Color answered. "Yes...What you said is true," Nightmare replied and the two stayed silent.

"We've started dating again since about... a few days before Killer was transferred to another branch." Nightmare confessed and Color only stared at him in surprise. Almost three months...

"Oh look, It's you two's house." Nightmare pointed out and Killer instantly rose from his slumber when he heard that sentence. "Wha?...ughhhh.." Killer said out loud and Color chuckled at that. Killer began to get himself off of Nightmare's grip and asked for his son.

Nightmare, without hesitation, instantly handed the sleeping child back to his mother. Color had already run towards the house, confident that Killer would shortly follow behind. Nightmare looked at Killer with an expression of question and Killer sighed before chuckling. He gave him a little kiss on the lips and the two passionately shared it. After they parted, Killer said "Goodnight, Nighty... Take care, be careful on your way home.". Nightmare only smiled at the shorter and replied in a funny way "I, Nightmare Joku shall oblige to Killer R. Joku's order of: Return to my humble abode safe and sound."

Killer only chuckled at that. "Nighty, we aren't married yet. Why are you-? Huh?...." He stopped halfway as he realized that Nightmare got down and pulled out a box. Killer was amused, he did not expect it at all but this time... he knew what he wanted to say.

Nightmare awkwardly laughed as he opened it, having been through this already twice

Nightmare awkwardly laughed as he opened it, having been through this already twice. "Will you continue our marriage, Killer Rahafwabas?" Nightmare asked and Killer let out a smile. "I thought we were." He said teasingly and Nightmare got up to place the ring in Killer's ring finger. Killer happily held out his hand, fully ready for it and Nightmare lovingly took it before kissing it. He then inserted the ring and the two kissed again.

After the two parted, they bid eachother goodbye. Nightmare happily smiling along the way as Killer's heart fluttered in a cloud of joy and satisfaction. The two would be wed soon, but... Rue was unaware.