Chapter 14 - Where's Mom?

Color's Pov

"Dad, Where's mom?" Rue asks me with tears in his eyes. I awkwardly make an excuse saying "Isn't he at work?". The truth was, I didn't know where Killer was. "D-don't lie to me dad! Mom goes to work tommorow, you know that!!!" He replies back at me. We were in the kitchen and the poor kid was balling his eyes out. I took a deep breath and I carried Rue up, "Mom's manager wanted him to work some more so um, to get his bonus." I awkwardly lie. He glared at me and he said "Dad your so bad at lying.". I awkwardly laugh and I sighed "Fine, I don't know where mom is.". He looks at me looking like he was about to cry and I quickly said "L-let's go explore the city!-". He cheered and I sigh out of relief.

He hopped off, almost giving me a heart-attack. "Shit!" I accidentally screamed and he looked at me before saying "I'm telling mom when he gets back.". I stared at the ground and replied "Okay, just go change.". He happily walked away and I smiled. But still where is Killer? I'm starting to get worried...

I fish my phone out of my pocket and I open it, checking my contacts and I called Killer's number.

"Ring, ring, ring...

Ring, ring, ring..."

I waited with anticipation, hoping he would pick up.

"The number you have dialed is either unattended or out of coverage area, please try to call later."

I stared at my phone in shock, I kept calling his number but he didn't pick up...at the end, I texted him.

Color: Hey kills where are you???!! Are you okay?! Please call or text back...

Color: Rue is looking for you

Color: if you get to the house and we're not there just wait okay cuz me and Rue are going out for a walk

I sighed and I placed my phone back in my pocket, I stared at the box on the floor and I opened it. It was books, not surprising. "Dad, I'm readyy!" Rue excitedly shouts, I sigh and I stood up. He hugs me and I pat his head.

"Let's go."