The Darkened Highway Chapter Fourteen

Tessa and I had been running for what felt like hours. All the while, the creature stalked us with no mercy. It felt as if he was on our heels. Reaching out to embrace us in his grasp. The chase was tiresome, but we couldn't stop. I dragged Tessa along like a little girl as we made our way through the forest. My feet hurt from the constant strikes to the hard concrete highway. The worst part was the horrifying roars he let out when he was right on us. He was taunting us, scaring us into submission. Figuring out how long we'd last before collapsing from exhaustion. A thought popped into my head. 'Where was the beast that stalked me? Where had he gone?' Surely, he wouldn't tolerate another coming after what he saw as his. The way he protested when Ben was inside of me must have infuriated him.

"Ben, where are you?" I yelled.

"He's probably dead by now!" Tessa said, panting.

My heart sank a little, and I knew she could have been right. The creature could have killed Ben before the creature took me. An eerie silence suddenly broke, save for the flesh beating of our feet against the pavement. Tessa noticed at the same time I did, and we both slowed to a jog. A glow of light came from down the road ahead of us, gleaming. We watched intensely for several moments in anticipation. The glow of light grew until it formed a pair of shining orbs. I let out a sigh of relief as the glow of light came from the headlights of our RV motorhome. Ben was coming for me, and I jumped up and down, waving as my breasts flopped up and down.

"See! I told you Ben would find us!" I yelled.

She broke down sobbing, and I stopped waving to Ben, and I held her as the camper grew bigger as it raced towards us. The RV motorhome pulled beside us, stopping quickly, and Ben jumped out with two towels to cover us up. He said nothing except to assure we both made it safely inside. He looked in every direction as Happy stood watch just behind him. His facial expressions were serious as he had a rifle over his shoulders. Before leaving, he made sure we both strapped our seat belts securely. Ben wasted no time turning around, speeding down the road.

___

The three of us didn't get an ounce of sleep the entire night, and Ben drove through the night well into the morning. We passed by the gas station we saw earlier, long ago. He must have wanted to put as much distance between us and the psychos he thought were after me. Tessa's appearance only confirmed those fears to him.

"So, who's your new friend?" Ben said as he came back to the living cabin. 'He must have set the computer to autopilot.' I gazed at the woman as he brought her a hot cup of coco.

"This is Tessa Lawarence," I answered.

"You're the first person we have seen since we took this route," Ben said.

"I found her tied to a tree with heavy chains. And there was..." I trailed off.

From the look on his face, I think he understood the meaning of my words.

"So you're alone now. I'm sorry we didn't find you sooner," Ben said.

"His name was Clarence..." Tessa whispered shyly.

"What happened out there? Did you see the people that did this to you?" Ben said.

"It wasn't people..." Tessa said.

"What do you mean?" Ben asked.

"She's right. It wasn't people." I said.

"Then what was it?"

"A towering monster! A beast-like creature that kept attacking me for weeks. Playing these games, taking me and violating me every night. Clarence tried every time to stop it all..." Tessa mumbled, crying on my shoulder.