The Darkened Highway Chapter Twenty-Four

The warm touch of Maya's body cuddling against mine was comforting. Her chest moving up and down with mine was relaxing. Maya was amazing. She gave me such pleasure. Still, I hadn't thought I'd have such feelings for another girl so soon. I had a potent attraction to Maya in a way that couldn't be explained. A crackle in the wind caught my ear. It was faint in the distance. I couldn't know what made that sound. The rustling of leaves and twigs breaking reached my ears again. This time, along with a scent that put me on edge. A torrent of fear hit me as my heart raced. Maya sensed it, too. There was no margin for error. Isaacs was somewhere in our vicinity. 'Had he heard our heated exchange or smelled our womanly scent?' I wondered in fear.

I eased my way to my feet, still in a squatting position. Maya sat at the ready on all four feet. He knew we were here in the area somewhere. Our exact location was hidden for the moment, but not for long. We snuck along the forest floor in the opposite direction as carefully as possible. Every step was full of terror and apprehension. Isaacs was so close, and the thought of what he'd do to me or Maya filled my mind with horror. The pounding of a giant predator reverberated through the air with each of his steps as he located where we'd made love. A low moan resounded into the silent forest around us. He knew what we'd done, and an erotic energy ruptured into the air, sending a shiver down my spine. My thighs and hips throbbed in response to the rush of erotic need that clouded the air. This was nothing like Maxen or Ben. The energy was raw, rough, and demanding.

My body faltered for a second. I turned to Maya to realize she was in an aroused state. This isn't good. He's playing on our heightened sexual drive. She struggled to move. I barely managed to move my body. I extended my hand to her. She took it, squeezing it with everything she had. It was an enormous effort to advance as far as we could. Isaacs was just yards away. The beast was getting closer to our location. I found another tree with a hollow entrance at its base. Without a second to spare, I pulled Maya in behind me. She fell onto me flat. This left us exposed as our legs lay spread just inside the opening. Isaacs would have easy access if he wanted to take us now.

A heavy slam hit the trunk just inches from where we'd been. An enormous pair of legs blocked the entry. I knew it was Isaacs from the golden tan coat. It was the first time I saw him clearly in any light, even if it was just his legs. From their size, Isaacs was bigger than Maxen. That alone was terrifying. We held each out in absolute stillness. Rough and deep inhales from Isaacs rattled my nerves. He was sniffing for our scent. An intense burst of erotic energy erupted from him. My womb trembled in unison with Maya's as we involuntarily moaned.

"Ah..., my sweet doves. There you are!" Isaacs said in an animal-like voice.

My chest tightened as his sharp-clawed hands touched my ankle. His mere touch sent both of us into an instant orgasm. Waves of arousing pleasure shuddered through our bodies like a heated knife through butter. There was no escaping the tremendous desire that bellowed between my legs. The pressure building in Maya's womb sent chills down my spine. I couldn't help but moan alongside Maya with an uncontrollable need for him to take both of us. He pulled me a little closer, and my body bucked with a vigorous climax. God, why is his touch enough to make me cum? He wasn't like Maxen. I didn't want him or his seed. Yet, despite my protests, my body was drawn to him, and I experienced a yearning that overrode all my senses. The difference was the dread that came with that. A feeling that we were doomed if I succumbed to him.

"See, even now, you wish to be mine. Why not stop this pointless chase? I assure you that you'll last much longer than the last of my doves."

Maya covered my mouth, stopping me from responding. Didn't she know he had my ankle? He could just yank both of us out and have his way with us right then. Her following action shocked me to my core.