The Darkened Highway Chapter Thirty-Four

The woman standing in the doorway was lovely. She has fierce red, wavy, and kinky hair to her mid-back with tight curls. I immediately noticed her fascinating golden chestnut eyes that glowed slightly. She had a soft, square face with high cheekbones and rosy cheeks. Her lips were pouty and plump in a cute way that showed off her delicate, small, round nose. The woman was wearing a short white summer dress and was barefoot. The dress was a few sizes too small, and her dress barely contained her bountiful bosom. She looked to be in her late teens or early twenties by the size of her body as she was petite, but she had curves in the right places. If I had to guess, she was about my age, but with the changes, It's hard to tell. Her legs were as well-toned as mine, and by her looks, she had undergone the exact transformation I did. If I got a view of her rear, it was inevitable that she would have a bountiful bottom. I figured that just by observing the curve and shape of her hips.

My heart nearly burst as Ben walked up behind her.

"Ben!!!" I cried.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him passionately. We held each other for a long moment before he pulled me inside the cabin.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"The beast attacked me and chased me into the forest. I spend hours hiding from the creature. It was so powerful, it tossed me several yards." Ben said.

"It was Isaacs...," the girl said.

"This is Maya Morrissey. I found her wandering in the woods, near one of those strange trees."

"I was looking for my husband, Nathan...," Maya said.

"So it's happening to you too?" I asked.

"Yeah, they became lost like us."

"Joseph brought me here, after I lost Nathan."

"Is he...?" I asked.

"Isaacs bit him. For a while he could fight him off. But the full moon came. Then he turned into what Isaacs was. They fought, and it killed Nathan. He wasn't strong enough."

"This forest has a physical and psychological effect on people. Adding to that, these beasts can transfer what they are to others as well. It's a symbiotic relationship," Ben said.

"Listen, we need to get to Maxen's cabin. I think he can protect us better."

"No, Joseph told me to stay put. Isaacs wants Maxen dead!" Maya yelled.

The loudest roar I had ever heard came from behind me. The three of us turned to face the door. Without seeing what it was, I knew. His scent was strong. The heavy footsteps paced outside. Low, angry growls sent terror down my spine. Isaacs had found me. The sound of his claws against the wooden cabin as it carved along the walls was nightmarish.

"Come out, little doves. Come out to your rightful sire!" a rough, beast-like voice said.

"I can smell the essence of your wombs. You are ripe for the taking!" Isaacs growls.

"You're not getting anywhere near them!" Ben said, holding a shotgun.

"They would be male protectors. Do you think you have the strength to best me? Are you having feelings of grandeur?" Isaacs said.

Maya stood behind me, trembling in fear. I couldn't blame her. This beast killed Clarence and Nathan. I hoped Ben would not suffer the same fate.

"Do you hope to wait for the runt's return? I've led him deep into another's domains. My favorite places are those where I can walk freely. He will not save you.

"Maxen will come!!!"

"The loner, the one who watches from afar. He is less than weak. I am the superior hunter. The stronger of the two. You belong to me, little doves."