☁🌫Distrust🌫☁

I've heard of stories about demons roaming the night. Feeding. On humans.

Those are the bedtime stories I used to go to sleep to when I was five. Now I'm Fourteen and I don't want to listen to them. I just don't...because I know they are true. My best friend Ana was devoured in front of me. Now I'm afraid to sleep at night. Those cursed demons...have ruined my life. I'm so scared to make new friends because I'm afraid I will have to see them die too. Or maybe they will have to see me die.

That's not going to stop me from conquering my fears though! Tonight I'm going on a stroll in the woods. The moon is bright, the sky is clear, and the owls are being cute.

I slip on my sandals and put my light pink hair up into a ponytail. Then I put some sunglasses on to cover my eyes. Yes its dark out but if anyone sees my eyes, they might think I'm weird or something. One is pink, and the other is gold. They are pretty...to me. (You can change this. I just wrote it like this for the story lmao. I got lost.)

"(Y/n), are you really going out? Honey I don't want you to get hurt, or even worse, dead!" My mother said, peeking through her door. "Yeah, its fine. I'll only be gone for a few minutes." I whispered, trying not to wake my little brother and twin sister.

Out of all three of us, I'm the only one that's not normal. They have eyes with one color. My sister has very pretty blonde hair, and my brother has brown hair. I would rather have my sister's hair. Its much better than mine. A stupid pink color. I don't like pink.

"Be safe and remember what your father taught you-"

"Yes, I know. Self defense; its not like it'll help against a demon but it will have to do."

"Here, take this." She gives me a dagger.

"How long have you had this mom?" I asked. It doesn't look like a simple dagger. It was silver and has a ruby on the top of it.

"My parents used to be the richest people in a place called Swordsmith village. That's why we have a big house, and so much money. They made this for me, its quite the heirloom"

"Well, ok. Thank you, but I'm only going to be gone for like ten minutes. You didn't have to give me something so important." I laugh and turn towards the door.

"(Y/n)?"

I turn around to face my mother again.

"I love you" She says. I laugh again "I love you too mom. I love all of you. Now I will be right back. Maybe when I come back we can go shopping in the morning." I say. She smiles and waves to me. I close the door and walk off the porch.

Ok. Lets just go for a little walk.

I find a slim path and walk until I see a small opening of trees. There were fireflies, and lots of leaves on the ground. What a beautiful sight. I sat down and played with the flowers. After about an hour I stood back up and stretched.