Chapter 2: Maiden's Veil

──────────

Rewritten Version

────────────────────

You observed with wide eyes as Mother Miranda approached the tall woman. You stood in the distance, your gaze drawn to the unfamiliar lady who radiated elegance.

"Good evening Y/N, my name is Loana Vasilescu.." You heard on your right, you looked to the side and your eyes were met with a middle aged lady with short blond hair and pretty hazel eyes in a maidens uniform. She lifted her hand up and gave you a soft hand shake.

"E-.. evening," you said nervously with an akward chuckle, a form of oddness wandering in your mind when she called you by your name. Her lips curled into a warm smile as she tilted her head to the side. "This is my fellow friend, Catalin Bucur." The middle-aged lady introduced.

You looked to your left and smiled softly, looking at a woman with black glasses and gray eyes, her long black hair put in a neatly made bun. "It's an honor to meet you, Y/N." She stuck her hand out, giving you a subtle handshake. A movement in your eye corner caught your attention. You wanted to say something, but the approaching lady made you narrow your gaze to her. Catalin gentle let go of your hand and took a step back along with Loana, turning their gaze at the approaching tall lady and keeping themselves silent as the woman spoke to you.

"You must be the new maid, am I right?" The tall woman spoke out to you in a rather indimating voice.

You nodded your chin slowly. "Y- yes, ma'am." You kept your wide yes darted down to the polished marble floor as you spoke timidly.

"Look at me when you speak to me."

You caught your breath as you slowly lifted your head to meet the woman's golden, gaze. Despite her immense strong outlook and serious tone of voice, you couldn't help but notice the flawless, stunning elegance and grace that surrounded her figure.

"Hm, that's better." She spoke with an austere voice, gesturing with her gloved hand to the two standing maids behind you.

They both nodded, and Catalin gently held your hand, bringing you through the castle halls to the left. You gave Miranda a sidelong glance as you walked past her, she tilted her head with a little grin and watched as you entered the main hall, both women by your side. You cast a last peek over your shoulder at the tall woman before a turn to the right and gazing around the beautiful corridor. A long red carpet extended across the hall, that allows you to marvel at the art pieces and golden-framed paintings on each wall as you passed.

"Holy shit..." You said as you noticed the big shining chandelier in the main hall you passed. Catalin and Loana turned their head to you with a smile as you admired the beauty of the castle.

You looked at the walking women in front of you as you asked, "May I ask who that lady is?" 

Loana walked up the dark wooden stairs as she glanced at you. "Shes the owner of this beautiful castle." She replied with a smile.

──────────

"Well, this is your new room, Y/N." Catalin stated while handing you the key to your own room. You looked around the fancy bedroom, realizing it wasn't as horrible as you had imagined. There was a double bed neatly made up with dark green sheets and two matching pillows that had little golden patterns stitched on them. There was a wooden closet on your right and a vintage desk on the opposite side of the door as you walked in. You couldn't ignore the massive window behind the desk that shone the sunlight into the luxurious room. As you approached the desk, you saw that you could see the entire village beyond the glass. Aside from the large golden closet, there was an armchair in the corner of the room with a maiden's attire nicely folded on top.