Chapter 4: The Silent Librarian

──────────

Rewritten Version

────────────────────

"AAAH!" You screamed and flinced as she suddenly appeared infront of you out of nowhere.

"Who are you? And why are you screaming?" She tilted her head, glancing at you with a raised brow, checking you from top to bottom.

You covered your mouth embarrassingly. "O- oh, I am sorry. I didn't mean to yell, I wasn't expecting someone to appear out of nowhere here." You spoke awkwardly, avoiding eye contact with the bright yellow eyes that were observing you.

She lifted her head back and laughed softly upon hearing you. "You're funny, little one." You stared at her with an uneasy face and awkwardly chuckled along with her, uncertain what to say. She narrowed her eyes at you as she carefully wandered around your shy figure. "Do you like reading?" she asked, exploring every curve on your body.

"Yes, I used to read all the time back in the days.." You said following her with your eyes as she walked around you.

"Hm, intresting. What kind of books do you read, little one?" she asked, appearing to be intrested in your anwsers.

"Uhm.. mostly, you know. Romantic novels, sometimes." you say shyly, sharing you intrest.

"Really?!?!" She sounded very joyfull.

"Mhm," you hummed with a nod. Her face brightened up as she heard your interest, which most likely matched her own. You quickly figured out she was one of the daughters. remembering her from earlier in the dining room. You thought to yourself, tracing the spines of the old books as you walked past the rich wooden bookcases. Glancing around the big library until the red-haired girl reappeared in front of you again, making you flinch. "You must read this!" She said with a wide smile, handing you an unfamilair book.

'House of Gold,' you turned the book around to read the title of the black book with a golden spine and small white patterns etched on the cover.

The girl watched you as you held the book in your hands. "Do you have a preference in romantic novels?" she asked, her voice unsure.

You returned your gaze to her and asked, "Hm, what do you mean?"

She chuckled, uncertain about your answer. "Well, you know. romantic stuff.. with someone else," she said with a small smirk, narrowing her eyes back to the book. You turned the pretty book and read the summary, which was elegantly written in golden cursive words, understanding what she was saying as you read it with your eyes.

"Oooh, no, I don't mind if it's gay.." You smile and glance back at the girl. Her glowing eyes were filled with excitement and joy.

Are these the daughters the maids felt afraid of? You thought to yourself as a soft pink blush covered her pale cheeks. "I'm glad. It's a great book, one of my favorites!" Her dark lips curved up into a cheerful smile.

"Oh, really? It must be good then." You walked up to the white, lovely arm couch and sat comfortably on the soft cousion. You watched the girl sit on the opposite side of you, holding a small red book in her hands. "Uhm, do you always read here, Miss?" You tried striking up a conversation as the room felt silent.

She chuckled and looked up at you, shaking her head. "Don't call me that, it makes me feel old."

"Oh, my bad," you chuckled awkwardly. "Uh, how should I inform you then?" you asked, opening the book.

"Daniela..." She smiles.

"Oh, Daniela, very pretty name." You said through a warm smile.

She gazed her yellow eyes at yours. "Hm, and what is your name, little one?"