⋆ Chapter 7: One kiss

──────────

Rewritten Version

────────────────────

You shook your head, ashamed in thoughts as you tried to cover the side of your neck with your hair. "It's nothing, Loana," you said as you walked past her.

She frowned and grabbed your arm as you moved to walk away from her. "Dear, you're completely covered in blood. What do you mean? It is nothing. Have you gone crazy? What did she do to you, Y/N?" Her eyes were visible, filled with immense worry.

You cleared your raspy voice and lowered your head. "The lady was just upset about something, let's just forget about this, please."

Her worry grew even more as she heard your sore voice speak so quietly and ashamedly. "I'll look over it, and we'll get you a new uniform, dear." Loana reassured you, gently taking your hand and walking you to the dining room, where she carefully sat you down on a chair. "I'll fetch some supplies and bandages. Wait here, okay, Y/N?" She glanced her eyes at you.

You nodded in response and watched as she went through the double door, leaving you alone in the room. You rested your elbows on the wooden table and buried your face in your palms, letting a deep sigh escape your lips. The sound of familiar flies flooded your ears as you looked to your side, locking eyes with Bela, who leaned against the door frame and crossed her arms, peering around your seated figure.

She sighed softly, tilting her head. "I've heard what happened, it turned quite messy, I see," she said, narrowing her eyes to your dress before darting them back to you. With a subtle sigh, you narrowed your gaze forward as you kept yourself silent. "Nothing to say, pretty?" She said, approaching you at the table. "You know, it wasn't really your fault, but I admire your honesty." Bela spoke while gently brushing her fingertips through the ends of your hair.

You shook your head slowly, lowering your face to the table. "Just a form of miscommunication, nothing I could really do about it."

"Hm." She hummed, tilting her head, before speaking again. "Will you be able to keep our promise after today's dinner, pretty?" She asked, a hint of hesitancy wandering in her cold voice.

Regardless of your decision, you could refuse any of them. "Yes, my lady," you replied as you shifted your gaze away from her.

She giggled as she leaned her cheek on your left ear. "I knew I could count on you, pretty girl." she whispered in your ear with a grin. It was like a fluster spreading around your face as she teased in your ear. Your words were cut short when her figure vanished into her swarm. You stared at the empty dining table for a few seconds before Loana returned, carrying supplies with her.

She wet a cloth in water before bringing your chin up. "The lady can't be the kindest, I should have warned you better. She can have quite a temper." Loana sighed softly, wiping the little blood that lingered on your skin.

"I thought that was my end, she is terrifying." You looked up at Loana as she nodded her head.

"Be extremely cautious around her, Y/N, this woman will not hesitate to kill even if you were not at fault. It's her way of ruling, I suppose." She gently brushed your hair back and put a white bandage over your neck while she continued to speak. "It doesn't seem you require snitches, that's good." She smiled relieved.

You pressed your hand against your throat as you needed to get used to the wrapped bandage. "Thank you, Loana."

She brushed your shoulder in a comforting manner. "Take the rest of the day off and change your uniform, okay? We do not want you to be hurt again, now do we?" She chuckled gently. You nodded your head with a smile. "Thank you again." She reassured you, before letting you leave the dining room. You wandered up the main hall stairs and into your personal room, where you changed clothes and tossed the stained dress away.