Game Night

Etho's Perspective-

"Anddddd...YES! Second star goes to me!" Bdubs said, punching the air with his fist as he smiled.

Etho and Cleo laughed.

"You may have the second star but the next one's mine." Etho said and Bdubs rolled his eyes, folding his arms.

"We'll see about that." He smiled playfully, booping Etho's nose.

Etho blushed and he turned to face the screen.

Toadette then moved and the camera zoomed out.

"THAT IS UNFAIR!" Etho shouted, jumping up.

Bdubs fell onto the floor, gasping for air through his laughs.

"THAT IS NOT FAIR!" Etho shouted again, pointing to the screen accusingly.

"How can the star be so close to you?!" Etho asked his giggling friend.

"I- I don't know!" Bdubs said, trying to catch his breath.

Cleo rolled her eyes, but a smile was still on her face.

"You guys need to chill out." She said, opening a bag of chips and starting to eat.

"Says the one who's in second place." Etho shot her a look and she shrugged, smirking.

"Alright Etho, it's your turn." Bdubs said, finally able to calm down.

Etho picked up his controller and looked at the map.

"I- there's really nothing I can do."

"Oh no. Looks like I'll have to take the next star." Bdubs smirked.

Etho rolled his eyes and rolled the dice.

"So I ran into Joel before my mom dropped me off." Bdubs said slowly, trying to fill the silence they fell into.

"Yeah? How's he doing?" Etho asked, watching as Monty Mole rolled a 7 and started moving.

"Good. I think he and Lizzie are back together...? I'm not really sure. I just see them hanging out a lot." Bdubs shrugged before trying to steal one of Cleo's chips.

Cleo smacked his hand, "Hands off."

Bdubs grumbled as he grabbed a bowl of grapes and started eating those instead.

"Now that I think about it, he looked kind of hurt that he wasn't invited here." Bdubs said.

Etho nodded and watched as Cleo had her turn.

"I guess it has been a while since I hung out with Joel after school. I should do that sometime." Etho said.

"Ooooo!" Cleo said, smirking as Etho shot her a look.

"It's nothing like that."

"Yeah, isn't he dating Lizzie anyway?" Bdubs asked.

Etho shook his head, "Nah, they broke up a couple months into dating. Decided they were better as friends."

Cleo nodded as she got up and stretched.

"Alright, don't cheat or make me do anything I wouldn't do. I'm gonna go use the restroom."

And she left.

Etho and Bdubs exchanged looks and grabbed her controller.

"Quick, use up your turn so we can get to her!" Etho smiled and Bdubs grabbed his controller and started mashing the A button.

Bdubs started giggling and Etho felt his face heat up.

Once they got to Cleo's turn, she walked back in.

She sighed and put her hands on her hips.

"Hey Cleo!" Etho and Bdubs both smiled sweetly.

She rolled her eyes and smiled.

She sat down next to her friends, and they continued playing.

"Did you at least pick the path that was closer to the star?" She asked, picking up her controller.

Etho and Bdubs exchanged glances before nodding.

"Yes." They both said, smiling at Cleo.

Cleo sighed, "Thanks for making it take longer for me to get the star."

"You're welcome!" Bdubs smiled and Etho chuckled.

"So Joel," Cleo said, stealing a strand of grapes from the bowl Bdubs was holding, "Why were we talking about him earlier?"

Etho shrugged, "I don't know, Bdubs brought him up."

"Oh yeah!" Bdubs said, sitting up, "I heard people talking about you and Joel being together on Friday. I just forgot to tell you."

Etho sighed, "Of course they were."

"Yeah...what's the deal with that?" Cleo asked.

"If I'm being completely honest, I have no idea. Someone just thought we were dating and spread it around. But we're nothing more than friends; been that way since we were 7 and will always be that way."

Cleo nodded and then they fell into silence as they focused on the minigame.

"Ha! Take the L!" Cleo said, shooting an L at Bdubs and Etho who rolled their eyes.

As they continued to play, Etho thought about Joel.

I should hang out with him again sometime. I miss that.

=======================
I really liked this chapter. I feel like it's funny and you find out Cleo, Bdubs, and Etho's friendship. Anyway, I'm sorry for yet another filler but I think this one was fun!