Ghost Tour

Etho's Perspective-

I didn't think he'd be scared so easily.

He never shows it.

I didn't think he'd believe in ghosts or be scared from a ghost tour, but boy was I wrong.

Very wrong.

Later (and imma switch to third person bc you can't stop me from not >:)

Etho waved goodbye to his mother as he and Joel stepped out of her car.

"So where are we going?" Joel asked.

Etho smiled, "I guess I can tell you now. It's a ghost tour!"

Joel's eyes widened in fear.

"A what?" He asked, trying his best to keep his voice normal.

"Ghost tour! You know, when someone tours you around and tries to make you believe that ghosts exist."

Joel nodded and Etho saw his look.

"Hey, are you okay? We don't have to do this." Etho said, stopping Joel.

Joel looked into Etho's eyes before nodding, a determined smile on his face.

"Yeah! If you wanna do it, then let's do it!"

Etho smiled weakly, not believing what Joel said as they continued their walk.

-

The guy who was giving the tour was very convincing of all of the ghosts and haunts in the buildings.

Etho smiled as he used to love these.

It reminded him of how he used to get scared of ghosts when he was really little and went on these tours with his mother.

But it seemed that someone was actually getting scared.

Joel.

He seemed to get really jumpy when Etho did something as simple as move his hand or say Joel's name.

Something's up. Etho thought as the tour ended.

"Joel," Etho said, making Joel jump.

Etho sighed and pulled Joel aside.

"Seriously, what's wrong?" Etho asked softly yet sternly.

"Nothing!" Joel said, putting on a smile.

Etho narrowed his eyes and Joel sighed, looking down at his feet.

"I...the ghost tour scared me." He said.

Etho's eyes widened in shock.

Joel never seemed like the kind who would scare from things like that.

"Joel...you know that ghosts don't exist, right?"

"I know!" Joel groaned, "I know, I know. But it doesn't matter. I've always been like this; I just never show it."

I get scared easily when it comes to monsters or even the dark. It doesn't matter whether or not I know they exist because it's going to scare me."

He then chuckled, "I'm just a childish dumbass who's still afraid of the dark."

Etho frowned as he held Joel's hands.

Joel blushed but didn't look up.

"Joel, why didn't you tell me before? We could've done something else."

"I..." Joel sighed, "I didn't wanna upset you. I was afraid that if you knew how much of a scaredy cat I am, you would hate me and end the date before it even started."

Etho felt his heart break, "I would never do that. I wouldn't hate you just because you get scared."

Joel laughed lightly, "It's fine, really. Tell me the truth."

Etho took off his mask, "Fine," He said, making Joel look at him, "This is the truth."

And Etho bent down to kiss Joel.

Joel blushed and kissed back.

"Why the heck do you think I'd hate you?" Etho asked as they broke apart.

Joel blinked, "I...I don't know. I'm just worried about everything."

"Well don't. Everything's fine and everything's going to be fine."

Joel smiled and he and Etho continued to walk hand in hand.

"Wanna go get some ice cream? I can tell my mom that she can pick us up later." Etho said.

Joel smiled, "Sure."

Etho smiled back as he texted his mother before pocketing his phone.

They walked up to a nearby ice cream parlor, and they looked at the flavors.

"I'm getting superman." Joel said as soon as he saw the colorful ice cream.

"Superman ice cream is just vanilla but gay." Etho said, rolling his eyes.

"Don't ruin my favorite ice cream!" Joel shouted.

Etho laughed, "How is that ruining anything? You're gay!"

Joel froze, "I- good point."

Etho laughed again as he wrapped his arm around Joel and kissed his cheek.

"You're fucking stupid." He said, smirking.

"Rich coming from the guy who needs my help with math." Joel shot back, a playful smile on his face.

Etho chuckled again, his heart flying at the moment he and Joel were having.

And though it seemed to have a rocky start, Etho loved this day.