Rescued

The agent looked at Althea trying to deduce whether such a young and innocent-looking girl was trying to pull his leg. "I hope, miss, that this is not a lie," he received a small "no" from the littler girl in response to his comment. "Good," he searched for the number while still stealing small glances at the girl sitting at his desk and humming to herself.

"This is Michael Garret calling from the Central Park Precinct Station," Michael said with uncertainty, but knowing he had nothing to lose. "I'm calling regarding a lost child in Central Park. The little girl informed me that she was at your facility with her class because she won a contest." Upon receiving an affirmative response, he continued, "Do you know all the schools that registered?"

"I was with Scarlett, we took a photo and I drew her!" exclaimed Althea.

The young woman behind the phone smiled and said, "I suppose it must be her. I can ask. Please hold."

As he waited, Michael ran his finger over his lips and gestured to Althea to be quiet. She began swinging her legs while Michael impatiently tapped his desk. Finally, a different voice answered.

Girls, I have a police officer on the phone. A littler girl from yesterday's visit got lost in the Central Park, and they're asking us for information because they don't know where she's staying," the young woman informed, interrupting any conversation the actresses might have been having.

Scarlett immediately stood up and asked, "What's her name?"

"She's a little girl from her voice and said she took a picture with you and drew you," the young woman replied.

With just that detail, it was Scarlett who took the phone immediately and asked, "Is the girl's name Althea?"

Michael scolded Althea when one of her feet hit the chair she was sitting on and picked up the phone again. "Yes, sorry. The girl's name is Althea. Could you tell me the name of the hotel and who is responsible?"

Scarlett's heart raced at the thought of the littler girl being lost in Central Park. Thousands of scenarios crossed her mind. "Is she okay? Oh my god, please tell me she's okay."

"Yes, apart from some dirt and a scare, the girl is in perfect condition. Who am I speaking with?" asked Michael.

"I'm Scarlett Johansson," she replied.

Michael choked on his own saliva. He was talking to the legendary Scarlett Johansson. He looked at his nearby colleagues, but couldn't say anything to them at that moment. The sexiest voice was stuck to his ear, just for him, at that moment.

"Are you still there, officer?" asked Scarlett, concerned.

"Yes, I'm here! I was just a little surprised," responded Michael, trying to sound professional.

"Well... yes. I didn't expect, although the girl mentioned your name. I still need the details..." said the man, more nervous than he would like to admit, running his hand through his hair.

"Please make sure the girl is being watched. I will come right away, and if anyone shows up claiming her, please wait for me before doing anything," said Scarlett, checking the time and knowing she would have to reschedule her next appointment due to the emergency.

The agent, surprised, agreed and informed her where to find him. He wasn't going to miss the chance to meet the beautiful actress, maybe even get her autograph.

"Now, Althea, I'll show you some pictures and I want you to tell me if you see Tim," he said, placing albums of criminals who had committed crimes with minors. Meanwhile, he left a juice and a chocolate bar on the table for the bored girl, who flipped through the pages of the album. She yawned a couple of times, but didn't waste any time and ate the whole chocolate bar.