Hectic Day

At 6 in the morning, Colin bid farewell without being able to say goodbye to the girls, who were still peacefully asleep. Meanwhile, Scarlett began her day with the routine of preparing Cosmo's backpack and ensuring he had breakfast ready before taking him to his paternal grandmother's house.

In Rose's room, the alarm clock went off, but the girl curled up under the sheets, trying to cheat time and continue sleeping. However, Scarlett silenced the alarm with a gentle touch.

"Wake up, my princess. We have little time for you to have breakfast," Scarlett said as she approached and uncovered her eldest daughter, planting a loving kiss on her forehead. "Don't try to go back to sleep."

"I don't want to go," Rose murmured, her mouth pressed against the pillow.

"Rose, don't you want to see your friends?"

"Yes, but it's not fair. Althea gets to stay at home. Why can't I stay and play with her?"

"Because mommy has to attend several meetings," Scarlett took her little one's chin and gave her a tender kiss on the nose. "Now, be good and get ready, unless you want me to choose your clothes for you."

"Fine, but it's still not fair," Rose grumbled as she began to get up.

Scarlett headed to June's bedroom, stopping at the door to contemplate her daughter's silhouette. For the first time, she crossed the threshold of that room with the certainty that the girl sleeping in the bed was her own daughter.

"Sweetie," Scarlett whispered, trying not to startle her. "It's time to get up." She gently stroked June's back, feeling her morning noises and murmurs.

June grumbled and made little noises that made Scarlett smile. She had similarities to her older sister, after all. June's morning complaints were as soft as baby sighs, filling the room with a sense of calm.

"Come on, little one, you need to get dressed and have breakfast. We have a day full of activities ahead, like taking Rose to school and some meetings."

Although Scarlett could have left Cosmo at Colin's mother's house, taken Rose to school, and left June in Melanie's care, now that she had her daughter back, she didn't want to keep her away. She longed to build a mother-daughter connection, similar to what she had with her other two children, and for that, they needed time together. Although the meetings were important, June seemed to behave appropriately, at least for the moment, allowing Scarlett to take her along.

"Give me five more minutes, and then I'll clean up," June mumbled, still not ready to open her eyes.

Scarlett furrowed her brow, not fully understanding what June meant, but she eventually guessed that she was still half asleep.

"Sweetie," Scarlett tilted her head to give June a kiss on the head, her lips gently brushing her hair, savoring the scent of baby. "Rose is already downstairs having breakfast."

June's eyes slowly opened, her eyelashes still heavy with sleep, and she looked around, momentarily disoriented. However, as soon as her eyes met Scarlett's warm smile, reality returned to her like puzzle pieces fitting into place.

"Did you sleep well, princess?" Scarlett asked tenderly.

June nodded, although she wasn't sure if she had nightmares or not. The night had been filled with restless dreams and mixed emotions.

Scarlett set aside a pair of jeans and a purple sweater, garments that had belonged to Rose in previous years, and searched for a belt to secure the pants around June's waist. She immediately realized that she would have to go shopping; June deserved to have her own wardrobe, even if she shared some clothes with Rose.