Revealed Secrets and a Drenched Watch

The plans took a drastic turn when Scarlett extended an invitation.

In a completely unexpected twist, Chris Evans entered the scene, accompanied by his loyal companion, Dodger, and a gift box, as if he had invited himself to the gathering. Shortly after, Lizzie made her triumphant entrance, accompanied by Robbie Arnett. Scarlett, taken aback, began to fear that the entire cast might show up.

When Chris arrived, his first reaction was to chase after the girls, like a big kid, carrying the gifts with him, and jokingly assuring them that he was the real Santa Claus.

"But Santa Claus has a big belly," June observed.

Chris crouched down to the girl's eye level. "I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not. You see, it gets really cold in the winter, and the work is hard, hence the weight. But I burn all those calories in one night."

Chris's quip elicited laughter from Rose, while June asked, "And what about your white hair and beard?"

Chris took a seat, a playful smile on his face. "I get rid of them with a machine, and I dye my hair to not look so old."

"Then why haven't you ever come to visit me?" June asked, with a hurt expression, before walking away.

Gwyneth, smiling beside Scarlett, commented with amusement, "Anyone who only knows us from the big screen would think this is incredible."

June entered the house with pursed lips and crossed arms, heading towards the stairs. Lizzie followed closely. "Why is this charming girl so grumpy?"

"I just found out that Uncle Chris, Captain America, is actually Santa Claus, but he never wanted to bring me gifts. He did it for John, but not for me. Why would Uncle Chris do that? He doesn't want to be my uncle, right? He only wants Rose, not me."

Lizzie took June in her arms and gave her a tender kiss on the forehead. "He's not Santa Claus, sweetheart. He was just teasing you because if he were Santa, he would have brought you to your mom a long time ago. That's all Scarlett wished for Christmas." Lizzy stroked her goddaughter and took her to the girl's bedroom, sitting her on the bed. "Have you never received gifts at Christmas?"

June shook her head.

"What about your birthday, perhaps?" Lizzy insisted.

"No," June replied. "I just had key lime pie with whipped cream because that's what John likes."

"And what kind of pie do you like?" June's little nose wrinkled in thought. "I haven't tried many, but I love chocolate." Her eyes sparkled with anticipation.

Lizzie began to shake her head, her face illuminated by a mischievous smile. "No, that's not what I mean. I know a lovely place that makes homemade pies that smell like a paradise of flavors. They prepare a small assortment in bite-sized pieces, with juicy strawberries and melted chocolate that slips between your fingers. Would you like to come with me? It would be an outing just for the two of us, like a little secret adventure."

"Yes!" June smiled with enthusiasm again, and her hug to Lizzie felt warmer than ever.

"Has no one ever given you a gift before, June?" Lizzie asked, eager to learn more about her story to share with Scarlett.

June looked down for a moment, her lashes fluttering before she responded. "Iratxe and Carlitos are the only ones. Oh, and the neighbor has an older daughter, and sometimes she gives me things that don't fit her."

"So, all your clothes..." Lizzie began, her voice full of understanding.

"Yes, it's a gift, I suppose," June smiled with gratitude. That's how she saw it, at least: when she had nothing, the neighbor would give her clothes so she wouldn't be embarrassed at school. "And Rose's clothes are just beautiful."