Changes and Mad Pace

June's recovery was progressing smoothly, though there were challenging moments, like those times she cried during some medical check-ups. Despite her physical recovery, facing a return to school was another battle. Initially, she vehemently resisted going back. For the first two weeks, she clung to Scarlett's leg, sobbing uncontrollably and refusing to stay. Sometimes, Scarlett gave in, and other times, she had no choice but to steel herself and leave her there, feeling a stab of guilt as she saw June's tearful gaze following her. The persistence of this situation led Scarlett to consider other educational options, as June's adjustment was not going as hoped. Colin and she began gathering brochures from various prestigious schools, hoping to find a place where June could feel more comfortable and secure.

Scarlett glanced in the rearview mirror at her little ones. Cosmo, happily munching on a cookie; Rose was joyfully singing along to a song on the radio. Meanwhile, June stared out the window, her jaw clenched and hands balled into fists. As they arrived at school, June's posture stiffened even more, clinging to the seat, reluctant to get out of the car. Rose, on the other hand, jumped out of the car, cheerfully waving to her friends.

"Mum, can I go over to Chloe?" Rose asked upon spotting one of her best friends, who was eagerly waving at her from a distance, anxious to show her something she was holding.

"Of course, princess," Scarlett replied, kissing her daughter's head. Rose looked back at her sister and then at her friend, who was still waiting.

"Are you coming, June? Chloe has something she wants to show us," Rose invited, extending her hand with a hopeful look, the same hope Scarlett harbored that June could face the day without tears.

June's lips remained tightly sealed, her eyes glistening on the verge of tears. She looked at her sister's outstretched hand and then, in the distance, at Chloe. The curiosity about what Chloe had was overwhelming, but June feared that, after that brief moment of joy with Rose and her friends, she would end up alone and the target of ridicule.

She shook her head, letting a tear escape. Rose's shoulders slumped in disappointment, and she withdrew her hand. Then, she looked at her mother with resignation, a look that said, "I tried," before running off to her friend.

"June, honey... Mum has to go to work," Scarlett began, as she had done before. She opened her daughter's door and crouched down to be at her level. Although her little one avoided looking at her, Scarlett could see she was crying. "My little love, what's wrong?"

"I don't want to go, Mum," June whispered, squeezing her hand until her knuckles turned white.

"I see that, but you're old enough to go to school and enjoy learning. You're very smart, and you need to keep exploring at school with other kids your age," Scarlett insisted, her voice filled with sweetness.

June turned her head to look at her, her tearful eyes pleading for mercy. "Please."

Looking in the distance, Scarlett saw June's teacher gathering the children and leading them into the school. Then, she turned her attention back to her daughter, who looked at her pleadingly. Decisively, she leaned in and kissed her nose.

"You're coming with Mum to the set," she said, and relief instantly flooded June, her body relaxing the tension and, in Scarlett's eyes, her daughter regained her spark of joy. "But on one condition, June," her voice grew firmer. June looked at her expectantly. "You're going to have to talk to me because this can't go on. Understood? Is it still that boy, along with Daisy, who's bothering you?"

June nodded. "It's the whole class," she whispered, looking ahead, her voice so low Scarlett barely caught it.

"We'll talk about it on the set, darling, and I want you to tell me everything. If I don't know, I can't help you," Scarlett said before closing the door and returning to the driver's seat, driving away from the school to June's relief.