Chapter 9 - The Demon Lords

Over the next two weeks, I settled into the temple routine, listened, and learned everything I could about Muspelheim and the demons that dwelled here

Over the next two weeks, I settled into the temple routine, listened, and learned everything I could about Muspelheim and the demons that dwelled here. As I'd suspected, they were far more willing to talk in the midst of sex, especially if I made them wait, edging them close to orgasm, only to hold them off until they answered a few questions. It was a power game that I'd never play with an actual lover, but then, these demons were simply a means to an end. They were used to more breakable mortals, not a Valkyrie with immortal strength and sexual experience spanning hundreds of years.

Even Basmu.

I'd kept refusing him and others had accepted him in the temple. Yet I felt his eyes on me as I entertained in the main playground.

And a few days ago, I'd finally told him yes.

To give him credit, he'd tried to keep the upper hand but I'd seen others with dragons by then so I knew what to expect with the second coiled prehensile cock below their primary cock. It was definitely eye-opening to view it in action. The length seemed to depend on the dragon species, ranging from a mere half a metre in the fire-breathing, stockier species—the Samum—to two metres in the snake species—the Mushhushshu like Basmu. A few of the elves said the serpentine Apkallu species were similar, but although I'd seen one fly overhead, the ruling demon lords rarely visited the temples.

Not that Basmu had been unsatisfactory. He definitely had erotic skills and we'd both enjoyed our session immensely. My body had hummed, endorphins flooding my system afterward, even if my mind continually strayed towards a certain deliciously built sea god. He'd made his choice, damn it, and it wasn't me. There was no reason whatsoever that I should feel any guilt for enjoying the variety of demon cocks on Muspelheim.

Fortunately, my experience with Basmu hadn't only been physical. I'd also extracted a few key pieces of information from him.

As I'd suspected, only the Apkallu had the ability to create portals between Muspelheim and Midgard. Likely other worlds as well, although he hadn't confirmed it. Still, I wasn't worried about Asgard itself. We protected our towns and cities with portal interference jammers that disrupted energies across multiple dimensional matrices. The only way on or off Asgard was through the bifrost.

Last year's dungeon break by Nemain, Badb, Crom, and Llew came to mind and my fist clenched on my thigh. Okay, so the only way I knew of on and off Asgard was the bifrost, but those damned Unseelie had managed it somehow.

I chewed the cinnamon-flavoured oatmeal in my mouth, dragging my thoughts back on track.

Nabu was the well-dressed demon lord who'd spoken to me when I first arrived. So not only could the Apkallu create portals, but they could also appear indistinguishable from human. It was no wonder Asgard hadn't been able to completely bar the demons from Midgard when they could disguise themselves so well.

And given the number of mortals at this temple, only one of many temples on the planet, the demons had more interaction and presence on Midgard than I'd ever suspected. Did the All-Father already know? Our libraries held images of the massive serpentine form of the Apkallu, or the humanoid form with double wings, but I didn't think we had knowledge about the extent of their shape-shifting transformation.