Chapter 16 - A Ruse

I shifted positions and groaned at the achy stretch in my muscles

I shifted positions and groaned at the achy stretch in my muscles. Damn dragon had ridden me hard, but fuck, I'd loved every second. Waking to his cocks still hard inside, stretching and rubbing the sensitive walls of my ass and pussy as he slowly rocked me like the waves of the ocean was a sinfully erotic pleasure I'd never known I craved until coming here. Norns, but he was fucking amazing. It was only surpassed by the baths he gave me afterwards.

"Shh... just rest and let the heat soothe your body, kitten. I know you like the water," Pazuzu purred in my ear as one hand cupped hot water and released it in trickles over my chest.

Floating, but still partly in his lap, he kept me from drifting away in the massive, dragon-sized hot spring pool in the lowest level of his private wing. How they had a hot spring on a floating island with no connection to the planet's magma made no sense to me, but then, I'd already seen evidence that their science surpassed even ours. It was an odd feeling, realizing Asgardian science wasn't the pinnacle of knowledge I'd believed. It made me wonder what other revelations I'd discover in my time here.

"You have been such a good girl for me, but I'm also aware you have a brilliant mind behind those gorgeous blue eyes and sex kitten body," Pazuzu murmured. "Would you like to help solve a mystery for me?"

Opening my eyes, I met his dark gaze. "What kind of mystery?" Would this be a chance to gain more intel? He was always careful in the information he allowed around me and it was almost frustrating to not be underestimated.

His hand continued to scoop water over me. "I have an enemy, one of our rare Apkallu females so I can't just kill her without causing more political flack than I want to deal with, possibly even a civil war among the other dragon lords. Lamashtu has conspired against me for eons."

I frowned. I'd have thought a female Apkallu would be revered, given how rare they were. "What does she want?"

Pazuzu scowled, his expression darkening as his jaw clenched. "Something I'm not willing to give her. I can't stand her. You know we are predatory, but even demons have morals. We don't eat pregnant females or children. It's disgusting. There is absolutely no need for it when there are plenty of male prey available. A species' young should be sacrosanct."

Nausea churned in my stomach and I rolled over, climbing his muscular body until I straddled him and could look at him properly, instead of upside down. His lips were pressed together, nostrils flaring with each breath, and the muscle in his jaw ticking.

"Lamashtu eats kids? Babies? Pregnant women?" I asked in a progressively higher-pitched tone.

When he nodded, the gorge rose in my throat and I heaved, covering my mouth. He grabbed me and tugged me to him, rubbing my back.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry to upset you, kitten, but I need you to understand the seriousness of what I'm dealing with," Pazuzu murmured into my ear as he held me and I fought for control of my wayward belly. I took shallow breaths until the nausea passed.