Chapter 25 - Rewards

"Mist is finished, Lord Pazuzu

"Mist is finished, Lord Pazuzu."

Claw's words resonated through the shimmering air as I gazed down at Anna slumbering in my arms. Her dark hair cascaded around her naked body and I'd kept the room warm enough for her to rest without the need for blankets. Nothing to obstruct my view as I looked my fill. A sense of rightness filled my chest. I couldn't wait for her to carry my child, but more than that, the connection between us satisfied a need I hadn't realized I'd had. As much as I enjoyed Mist, and by the Abyss, I did enjoy my feisty kitten, her refusal to connect our minds hurt. She surrendered her body and had given me a measure of her loyalty, but not her mind, not her soul. Not the essence of who she was.

Yet Anna had given me her all, body and mind. It was a gift I treasured, warming the emptiness that had filled me for so very long. A double-edged sword as I now had something even more precious to protect. And she was still fragile. Not yet resilient. She'd not woken, even while I bathed her silken skin and carried her back to my bed. Although I knew it was the combination of our joining and my bite, it still stirred uneasiness within my chest until her heavy slumber lightened to dreams.

She'd wake soon.

Perhaps my Valkyrie would soften her stance when she saw how well I treated Anna? That I'd never harm my mates by forcing them to share their thoughts? That it would enhance our joining and I'd shower them with love, rejoicing in building a family with them? It had to be her choice to stay with me, to give up her vows to Asgard.

A sinking in my stomach belied my hopeful thoughts. As much pleasure as I gave her, Mist was too honorable to give up her Asgardian ties. I clenched my fist as my stomach knotted. Frustration bloomed into heat, triggering my mating instincts.

My cocks stirred.

By Tiamat, if all I had was her body, I'd enjoy it to the fullest. I'd show her what she missed with not binding herself to Anna and I. Resolved, I eased myself from Anna's side, stood, and opened a portal, using Mist's image to guide its location. I stepped partway through the opaque event horizon to view Mist sitting on a bench, knees drawn up, plucking at her lower lip. She was deep in thought.

As my foot met the stone ground her eyes rose and widened, taking in my naked form. I leaned in and swept an arm around her to scoop her off her seat.

"My lord," she smiled, meeting my gaze and twining her arms around my neck. She pressed her smaller body to mine as I drew her in tighter.

I pulled us back through to my bedroom, closing the portal behind us. My nose twitched at the offensive scent of not one male, but two on her flesh.

And this despite the lingering scent of soapberry.

A growl rose in my throat, heat searing my chest. I gripped her braids, yanking her head back to bare her neck. "Two? You let two demons fuck this glorious body? Did they spray their seed within you, my kitten?"