Chapter 20 - Conspiracy

It wasn't until the next day that I remembered to tell Pazuzu what I'd learned from Nigel

It wasn't until the next day that I remembered to tell Pazuzu what I'd learned from Nigel. In my defense, that damn sexy dragon fucked me unconscious, after giving me possibly the most spectacular orgasm in my eight hundred years. Although a bit tender when I woke cuddled to his chest in the bath, he'd pampered me with a massage, fed me from his fingers, then seduced me with his mouth.

Yes, this demon prince was incredibly distracting when he wanted to be.

Dark eyes followed me as I stretched and performed some limbering exercises. We didn't have time for a full sparring session today since I'd slept late, almost to midday. Instead of waking me with sex, he'd let me sleep until he decided I needed food. He hadn't been wrong. I'd been starved when I woke.

"So he suspected something was wrong because the way his supplier was acting and it smelled off?" Pazuzu asked, long legs splayed in the wide grey stone chair with blue-black cushion and arms. His fingers drummed the solid granite tabletop, pushing away the remains of our meal.

"Yes."

Pazuzu stood, pacing with an uncharacteristic restless energy I'd not seen him display in the three and a half weeks we'd been together.

"I can accept that he didn't know for certain, but it pisses me off that he didn't tell me these suspicions when I questioned him," he growled, fists clenching. In a few steps, he reached me, lifted me from the ground, held the back of my head and kissed me senseless. Black depths held me captive as his lips rose from mine. "Thank you, kitten. I hate sending you to the temple, but I appreciate your willingness to help me solve this."

I smiled and placed a hand on his cheek, the ever present dark scruff scraping my palm. "It's a worthy reason. You know I wouldn't get involved otherwise," I teased.

His lips rose at the corners as his eyes turned sensuous. "Testing your claws, kitten?"

I shrugged. He knew there was truth to it as I wasn't about to fight battles for him. My loyalty was to Asgard. "Is it time to go?"

A growl and his nostrils flared. "Unfortunately."

Scooping me up, he walked out to the terrace and launched skyward, his majestic wings swirling black smoke around us. In minutes, he'd arrived at the temple maze, landed, given his usual warnings after kissing me breathless, then departed in a whirlwind.

I tapped my wrist brand, looking over the details of the wolf demon I'd be questioning today. He had a penchant for breast play. I could work with that and as Claw escorted the wolf demon into the private playroom, I watched pale wolf eyes focus on my chest.

Yet, none of his secrets were of any value to Pazuzu, unless he suddenly cared about his demon's fetishes. The same was true for the lion demon the next day, and the wolf the day after that.

But the lion curled over the spanking bench with his balls tightly bound was another story.

"Please, Mistress. I only mixed in the oils that Leto gave me."

I rewarded him with another series of whip strikes to his tawny muscular body. "That's good, Melac. Is it normal for you to add oils to the food shipments?"

"Yes, Mistress. It keeps the cuts of meat longer. Please, that's good right? That's a good thing?"

"It does sound good. But you've been bad, Melac. You know something was odd about the oils this time."

His head hung as he started to weep. "Yes. Yes, Mistress. None of the oils are red. But this time, one was. It wasn't right, but Leto paid me double to use it anyway. He said it had been stored in the wrong cask."

"And you didn't believe him?"

"I wanted to. He gave me enough for a temple visit. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Mistress. Punish me. I've been so bad."

Rolling my eyes where he couldn't see me, I whipped his balls and he cried out, cumming in ecstasy. The demons with a pain kink were the easiest to manipulate, but the extremes they desired always left me feeling cold afterward. It was too much like torture for my liking.

Still, Pazuzu would be pleased.

His patience had eroded the closer we got to his heat.

I'd taken longer and longer showers, scrubbing my skin of scent before signalling to him. Yet twice now, he'd fucked me here at the temple before flying, pinning me to the wall and unable to wait the time it would take to return to his palace.

Today was no different. With a swirl of smoky air, he landed behind me, pulling me into his arms before I'd finished drying my skin. Teeth scraped my neck and I knew his request.

"Are you going to let me bite this satiny skin as I cover you in my seed, kitten?"

The growled tone send shivers over my flesh, nipples pebbling as his fingers teased my sex to slick readiness. "No, my lord," I told him as I ground my ass against his rigid cocks, knowing full well his mating instinct was riding him hard.

"Fuck, Mist. You are making me insane," he snarled as he lifted me off my feet, carried me to a bench and bent me over it.

With a hard thrust, he drove first one, then the second cock into my pussy and I moaned my approval. Not slowing, he brought us to climax in record time, roaring as I screamed and writhed around him.

Still buried inside me, he flew us to the palace, collapsing on the bedding. Once my senses returned, I told him what I'd learned.

"So Leto paid Melac double to put the poison on the meat. Leto had to have known it was poison," I reasoned.

Pazuzu growled, caressing my body as his cocks still bound us together. "I'll have Claw arrange for you to question Leto tomorrow, but I believe you are correct, my clever Valkyrie. Leto had to have known. He'll suspect if you are in the maze. It will have to be in the main temple playground so he doesn't think it's a set-up."

Even as he said it, I felt the tension in his big body. He hated the idea.